Yellowstone Landscape is dedicated to excellence in commercial landscaping. As the largest privately-owned commercial landscaping company in the nation, we offer exciting career opportunities for Landscape Professionals across the Southern United States. To learn more, please visit our website: www.yellowstonelandscape.com.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced CDL Class A Driver based out of our Smyrna Branch. Candidate will drive out of any of our three branch locations: Smyrna, Lilburn, Alpharetta. Candidate will transport tractors from job to job as well as “follow me” on interstates Right of Ways.
Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle
· Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
· Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
· Ensure trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to tractor unit
· Transport heavy equipment from place of origin to assigned destination
· Ensure contents are properly secured inside of truck to prevent breakage or damage
· Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected destinations
· Assist in mapping delivery routes
· Stay on predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries
· Communicate with Managers, Superintendents and Crew Leaders as needed
· Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
· Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
· Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
· Notify Managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
· Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
· Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
· Track and report working hours
· Adhere to company rules and regulations
· Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
· Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
· Make safety a priority at all times
· High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
· Valid Class A driver’s license required
· 2+ years proven experience with tractor-trailer driving preferred
· Clean driving record with no moving violations
· Must pass background check and drug test
· Skilled at driving large vehicles
· Comfortable maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer
· Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
· Physically and mentally fit
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
· Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
· An innate sense of direction
· Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
· High level of composure and good stress management
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Yellowstone Landscape offers a competitive salary and a full group benefit plan including medical, dental, and 401k.