Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Superintendent to our passionate team of landscape professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
What You’ll Do:
- Cultivate your green team and watch them grow with Davey
- Grow long-term relationships with course owners by understanding the owner’s expectations and exceed those expectations with superior service
- Assist in hiring, training, inspiring and develop course staff
- Work with your team to plan and implement crew work assignments
- Enhance the appearance and value of the owner’s property by the execution of regular inspections of the grounds
- Focus on customer service, teamwork, communication, ethics, and safety for your clients and your team
Skills We’re Seeking:
- Love of the outdoors
- Direct supervisory grounds maintenance experience with a strong history of sales and account management performance
- Knowledge of best management practices and plant materials for landscape horticulture
- Preferred: turf, weed, tree and shrub ID and pathology
- Ability to complete the Davey first aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Two or Four Year Turfgrass Managment Degree; preferred but not required
- Possession of Michigan Pesticide Applicator license, preferred, can be obtained within first 60 days of employment
- Posession of a valid driver’s license
What We Offer: *
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job-specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options
- Group health plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout the US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career development program supported by industry expert Safety Specialists and Skills Trainers
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- A charitable matching gift program
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law.
Visit www.jobs.davey.com to search for Davey jobs all over the country!
If you need any assistance at any time, please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 1 – 2 years
Travel Expectations: None
Requisition Number: 50027