Requisition Number: 102406
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1COR – Kent-Corporate
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: More than 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
The Davey Tree Expert Company
Job Title: Assistant Property Manager
Manage core property responsibilities within the limits of corporate policies and approved budgets, with the goal of maximizing the Company’s property investments and efficiency of operations. Assist with day-to-day management of Kent Corporate HQ facility and Corporate construction projects. Position also includes assistance with lease renewals, relocations and corporate property purchase/sale initiatives, and other projects and future strategy for the Property group.
The position reports to the Director of Property.
Database administration of properties (ProLease- leased and owned)
- Maintain database for property reporting, in conjunction with Davey external reporting/lease accounting team.
- Generate and maintain reports, including assisting with insurance renewal reports.
- Provide prompt, detailed and accurate lease abstracts and ownership reports on all properties including:
- library of photos of all locations
- plat maps/surveys of all properties
- Obtain appraisals or market-based value of properties over time on all company owned locations and then maintain on a rotation basis. Assist with developing appropriate facility rent allocations
- Assist with monthly recurring rent payment schedules
Corporate construction projects
- Assist with construction projects at various Corporate sites in Kent, including new construction and buildouts
- Investigate the feasibility of appealing property taxes
- Review/approve real estate property tax statements
- Company Acquisition property review
- Assist with various aspects of property and environmental reviews during company acquisitions
- Work with the director of acquisitions and legal (internal and external) on the property we will be leasing or acquiring during an acquisition
- Corporate property sales and purchases
- Help manage strategic property purchases at our field locations
- Assist with property sales as they arise
Leased and Owned Facilities
- Assist with lease renewal and relocation projects (lease or purchase)
- Serve as coordination resource for local offices and employees during relocations
- Ensure that vacated sites are left in appropriate condition.
- Assist with managing the marketing/sale of facilities no longer in use
- Realtor/Brokerage relations
- Maintain a working knowledge of current real estate protocol
- Establish/maintain broker relationships
- H2B Housing leases
- Assist with setting up annual H2B housing leases
Audit of facilities
- Communicate minimum standards to meet regulatory compliance
- Develop property maintenance program
- Maintain auditing schedule – Audit housekeeping, pesticide storage, water reclamation programs, as appropriate
- Audit properties to ensure all in correct Co. name and notice address.
- Analyze and assist with development of annual capital, preventative and predictive maintenance budgets for Corporate facilities
- Assist with establishing capital projects for Company-owned facilities and leasehold improvements, and coordinate purchases, as necessary
- Analyze and assist with development of annual overhead expense budget plan for Corporate campus facility
- Work with operations on developing and communicating facility rent allocation increases annually or as necessary.
- Maintain emergency response plans and disaster recovery plans
- Assist with day-to-day management of Kent Corporate HQ facility. Monitor morning building opening routine with Building Maintenance Technician – including HVAC, restrooms, water fountains, outside and inside housekeeping, lighting, security, driveway/parking lot, etc.
- Assist with monitoring departmental storage needs to maintain Corporate and Institute’s professional appearance
- Assist with managing, maintaining and monitoring building systems, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire and life safety, etc; and maintain accurate documentation of such.
- Implement “Green” Initiatives wherever possible
- Assist with managing and implementing COVID protocols
- Participate in various special projects as assigned
- Interact and communicate with other functions including the accounting department, operations, legal, safety, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications Required
Up to ten years property management experience in progressively responsible leadership roles
Familiar with a variety of facility management’s concepts, practices and procedures
Possess knowledge of real estate protocol including but not limited to real estate financial calculations and valuations
Strong negotiation skills, along with an excellent working knowledge of personal computers and related software applications including email, spreadsheet, word processing and database applications, plus the ability to utilize internet search engines and real estate on-line research sites.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse environment. Meet and correspond with Davey leadership, vendors, landlords and local, state and federal representatives
Proactive and motivated management style, with ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Ability to analyze and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Must be able to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, complex tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Ability to be available after normal business hours
Position requires limited travel
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.