The Role – Assistant Branch Manager I
The Location – Gaithersburg, MD
In partnership with the Store Manager, achieve world-class store performance while contributing to and supporting the overall Store strategy, performance and growth. Champion select best practices within the store and participate in store/area-wide initiatives.
- Talent Focused: We recruit, develop, mentor and retain the best
- Customer Obsessed: We are relentless in making our customers successful
- Fast Moving: We hustle and make it happen…safely
- Team Players: We respect and support each other and put team first
- Solution Oriented: We get the facts and solve problems; find win-wins
- Agents Of Change: We are always looking for the better way
- Professional: We do everything with quality and integrity
- Competitive: We have fun… serving our customers and winning!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Ensure store is running smoothly in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Participate in store sales transactions, including counter and phone sales in order to meet the sales and operations goals.
- Provide support to the manager with various administrative functions of the store including accounting, inventory management, sales transactions, purchase orders, product transfers and defective goods disposition.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent communication, customer service and leadership skills
- Possess computer skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of nursery, irrigation and landscape products preferred
- Knowledge of market preferences, competition, regulations and trends
- Skill in managing product inventory
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School or secondary diploma or equivalent required
- 1 to 3 years of experience in retail nursery, irrigation and/or landscape industry preferred
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Product Discounts
- Competitive Compensation
- Opportunities for advancement
- This position requires long periods of standing and candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.