Formerly known as John Deere Landscapes, SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. We have a long history of serving residential and commercial landscape professionals who specialize in the design, installation and maintenance of lawns, gardens, golf courses and other outdoor spaces.
Through our network of over 460 stores across 44 states and five provinces, we offer a comprehensive selection of more than 90,000 products including irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies. With a world-class team of over 2,700 industry experts, we also provide industry- leading complementary services and business assistance to support our product offering and to help our customers operate and grow their businesses; all tailored to meet each customer’s specific needs.
Watch Our Brand Anthem Video: https://www.siteone.com/home/brandanthem.aspx
At SiteOne, we are committed to five key business objectives:
1. Be a great place to work for our associates.
2. Deliver superior quality, service and value to our customers.
3. Be the distributor of choice for our suppliers.
4. Achieve industry-leading financial performance and growth for our shareholders.
5. Be a good neighbor in our communities.
By leveraging the strength and capabilities of a large company with the passion, drive, experience and commitment of our talented local teams – we can consistently achieve these objectives and make our customers the most successful professionals in the Green Industry. We know our customer’s business better than anyone in our industry and together with our customers and suppliers, we can achieve exceptional success.
Drive performance and growth for all stakeholders in the area while actively sharing ideas, talent and resources across the region as a part of the regional team. Champion select best practices within the region and participate in company-wide initiatives.
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Build Great Teams:
- Create a positive, challenging and exciting environment which is conducive to high-performance, teamwork, a great place to work and long-term retention of top talent
- Recruit, train and develop top talent for key jobs throughout the area
- Actively coach and mentor area leaders/associates to achieve high performance and to facilitate long-term development to build a career at SiteOne. Ensure strong teamwork across the area, region and division
- Deliver Customer Value:
- Set high expectations for product, service and partnership and effectively leverage structure, systems and processes to ensure associates are organized and equipped to deliver consistent customer value excellence
- Create a culture whereby all leaders and associates are obsessed with customer success; instill customer value excellence into the area through training and coaching
- Develop strong personal relationships with key customers in order to gain accurate feedback, discover ongoing improvement ideas and assess progress
- Implement customer value measurement systems in order to track progress and ensure accountability for results
- Achieve Performance, Growth and Safety Results
- Create an incident-free environment by involving all associates, promoting a strong safety culture, achieving excellent housekeeping and workplace organization, and executing clear safety policies
- Actively manage the area sales team to ensure effective account assignments and territory planning, sales call planning and new business growth. Ensure the sales team is structured to be both efficient and effective and is working together as a team with the stores.
- Develop a winning area strategy and specific action plan for performance and growth (focused, quantified, prioritized) and then execute the plan to achieve the desired performance
- Set effective goals and continuously monitor key performance metrics to ensure accountability for results and to re-prioritize initiatives and/or resources toward the highest opportunity areas
- Assist in the identification and integration of value-added acquisitions in your area; ensure that we execute to achieve the targeted results
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- As lead Change Agent – prioritize and drive ongoing performance improvement initiatives and encourage the team to try new ideas and take fact-based risks to improve performance
- Facilitate idea sharing across the area to include team brainstorming of difficult issues in order to develop creative and robust solutions
- Effectively utilize regional, SiteOne and industry resources to gain new ideas and/or to help execute new improvements in the area; champion new ideas within the region and in conjunction with SiteOne initiatives and improvement priorities
- Build Business Acumen
- Build a winning “best practice” knowledge base for achieving excellence in all facets of sales, operations, team development, customer value and overall financial performance and growth. Understand thoroughly and specifically which levers to pull in order to achieve excellence for all stakeholders
- Thoroughly understand the company operating and financial reports and be able to quickly identify positive/negative business trends and determine root causes to issues.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the area market to include customers, competitors, suppliers and key market drivers
- Promote and practice continuing education (personal and organizational) utilizing regional, SiteOne, industry and/or external resources in order to keep abreast of best practices; effectively utilize ongoing benchmarking and external/internal mentors
- Expand sales force acumen to enable a successful growth strategy, coach Outside Sales Reps and deliver on overall strategic plan
- Develop Winning Strategies
- Develop a clear, fact-based and quantified view of where to compete, how to compete and who to compete in order to drive long-term performance improvement in the area
- Ensure that strategies are converted into clear action plans and are communicated and understood by all associates
- Use performance metrics to track progress and continuously adjust strategies to maximize opportunities that develop and/or to adjust to changing market conditions
Align strategic goals and talent to enable succession planning – “right people in the right place at the right time” to achieve desired business results
Skills We Are Seeking
- Excellent communication, customer service and leadership skills
- Good understanding of accounting fundamentals, such as debits, credits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgets, etc.
- Strong knowledge of nursery, irrigation and landscape products and practices preferred
- Expert understanding of managing product inventory preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School or secondary diploma or equivalent required
- Degree in Business / Management discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- 10-15 years of managerial experience including leadership, issue resolution, motivation and team building
- 10-15 years of experience of working in and/or managing a nursery or irrigation retail sales store preferred