Requisition Number: 95527
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1COR – Kent-Corporate
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 3 – 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
Arborist Skills Trainer Supervisor
The Davey Tree Expert Company
The Arborist Skills Trainer Supervisor mentors the arborist skills trainers to support their job performance and development. The position reports to the Manager of Arborist Skills Training in the Davey Institute, communicates and coordinates closely with district management, regional operations and the regional Safety team.
Essential Job Duties
- Supervise arborist skills trainers to include hiring and disciplinary actions
- Join arborist skills trainers on their territory visits to assess and support performance and development
- Review and provide feedback on arborist skills trainer training visit recap reports
- Maintain routine communication with local and operating group management for support and performance feedback
- Participate in operating group safety meetings for their respective trainer’s safety meetings
- Participate in and provide content support for routine arborist skills trainer meetings
- Participate in Davey Arborist Skills Modules
- Support collaboration between arborist skills trainers and other Institute departments
- Support collaboration between arborist skills trainers and Safety Department
- Provide developmental support of the arborist skills training department
- Participate in industry events, and engage in affiliate organizations where appropriate
Minimum Preferred Qualifications
- Five (5) years leadership responsibility, two (2) with Davey (preferred) in a supervisory or crewleader capacity with proven safety performance.
- Three (3) years training experience
- Qualified with current equipment, skills and abilities in Davey Arborist Skills Modules.
- Strong working knowledge and proven ability in tree care operations.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Teams, and Excel.
- Davey Personal Excellence Coach/Mentor, Davey Safety Leadership Seminar
- Ability to routinely travel locally and away from home.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Fluent in English, Spanish proficiency a plus.
- CTSP (Certified Treecare Safety Professional)
- ISA Certified Arborist
- ISA Certified Tree Worker
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.