Requisition Number: 101627
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1RES – Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 3 – 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Arborist Sales Representative | Davey Tree Residential & Commercial Division | San Jose, CA
We are seeking career minded, green industry professionals to act as a consultative Sales Professional for an assigned Territory. The ideal candidate will possess at least 3 to 4 years of proven success in selling and managing residential and commercial services, and has a working knowledge of tree care practices. They will have a passion for quality work with excellent organizational abilities and strong attention to detail. Must work well under pressure and be able to manage several priorities in a day; must be adaptable, creative and self-motivated.
The position involves selling and providing expert tree care services and inspections to customer properties. Responsible for ensuring the safe completion of pruning, removing trees, as well as plant health care, soil care and all other aspects of Arboriculture on residential and commercial properties. Landscaping experts or Landscape Account Managers are encouraged to apply.
- Base salary, plus commission (sales based)
- Company vehicle, phone and computer provided
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays, 401K with company matching and company stock purchase options
- Industry recognized Professional Development through The Davey Institute
- Sells arboricultural services; Provides sound arboricultural recommendations to residential or commercial customers
- Responds to client inquires and selling and marketing the organization
- Maintains existing accounts and develops relationships with new clients within an established territory
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced with tree care, hazard tree evaluation, integrated pest management and industry approved tree care practices
- Estimates time/cost for crews to perform tree removal, pruning, cabling and generates written proposals using proprietary software.
- Schedules work, dispatches and directs crews to complete proposed projects
- Assists the District Manager in the direction of the operation
- ISA Certified Arborist preferable, or ability to obtain ISA certification within 6-months of hire
- 3+ years’ experience climbing experience in residential and commercial tree care
- Preferred: Two or Four-year degree in a green industry
- ISA Certified Arborist
- Tree, plant, and horticultural knowledge relevant to California
- Expertise in leadership, crew management, training, equipment maintenance
- Prioritizes safe working procedures and familiar with ANSI and OSHA tree industry regulations
- Excellent sales and communication skills and customer service follow-through
- Good people skills; self-motivated; computer proficient and organized
- Valid Driver’s license a must
- Commercial Driver’s License highly valuable
- Bi-lingual (English / Spanish) highly valuable
REQUIRED: Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification.
Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Davey offers excellent benefits, the opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year, and industry related training and special Davey training courses. The Davey Tree Expert Company and CLS are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply. Visit Davey Website: WWW.DAVEY.COM Job Opportunities & Company Profile Information
The Davey Tree Legacy
Since 1880, our clients have trusted us to care for their most precious natural assets. Our history is rooted in preserving and caring for trees, but our evolution has grown to include whole natural environments. Davey is one of only a handful of companies in the world that can claim this rich, century-plus heritage and a record of continuous growth, even during tough economic times
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at WesternRegionJobs@davey.com