POSITION: Arborist Production Manager — Davey Tree Expert Company
Applications accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
Davey Tree Expert Company is currently seeking qualified candidates for a full-time production manager position in our East Dundee office. Davey Tree provides tree care and arboricultural services to residential and commercial clients throughout the region. The ideal candidate will have a passion for quality work with excellent organizational abilities and strong attention to detail. Must have good managerial skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Responsible for safety, quality, production of the district and for promoting excellent client relations.
- Responsible for supervising overall field operations of job sites and employees.
- Provides support to Crew Leader and teammates on a daily basis insuring excellent client service though the delivery of excellent tree care service.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in production to the District Manager.
- Train and supervise new and existing employees.
- Review, inventory, and maintain supplies for the field crew.
- Schedule required equipment maintenance (i.e. chippers, stumpers, chainsaws, etc.).
- Maintain safety standards with all safety rules and regulatory issues.
- Schedule production work and evaluate jobs and employees capacity to fulfill scheduled production work.
- Maintain positive relationship with all crews and management.
- Assist manager with interviewing and selection process of candidates.
- Future responsibilities may include a sales goal given completion of appropriate sales training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of tree field experience with a minimum of 2 years foreman experience.
- Follow, instruct, and abide by all safety rules and policies of The Davey Tree Expert Company.
- Must have a valid CDL.
- Ability to multi-task and make realistic decisions for the team in a timely manner.
- Must be able to lead by example, supervise, and give directions effectively to all team members.
- Must attend all safety meetings and company certification classes.
- Able to resolve escalated issues between crew employees effectively and diplomatically.
- Ensure that excellent client service to property owners is delivered on all jobs.
- Basic computer skills
- Mechanical aptitude helpful
- English and Spanish speaking would be helpful for training purposes
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law.
Visit www.jobs.davey.com to search for Davey jobs all over the country!
If you need any assistance at any time, please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.