Arborist Ground Person
If you enjoy working outdoors in a professional and safe environment, consider a career with Bartlett Tree Experts! At Bartlett, we value a strong culture of excellence in safety, scientific research, lifelong learning, and career development.
As an Arborist Ground Person, you will be an integral member of a tree care crew working alongside Bartlett’s dedicated team of arborists, gaining practical field experience in scientific tree and shrub care on commercial and residential properties. This is a unique entry-level opportunity to develop your career in arboriculture through hands-on, on-the-job training.
We offer competitive compensation, as well as:
- A safety-first culture and professional workplace
- Advancement opportunities – we promote from within
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Industry credential/license pay increases – we encourage and invest in your professional development
- Company provided uniforms, PPE, gear, and equipment
- Boot reimbursement up to $150
- Access to training, continuing education programs, and a variety of resources provided by the Bartlett Tree Experts Research Laboratories in Charlotte, NC
To find out more about what life is like at Bartlett, check us out on Instagram @LifeatBartlett.
As an Arborist Ground Person, you will play an important role in:
- Learning through on-the-job training to safely perform all aspects of arboriculture, including:
- Cabling and bracing
- Properly maintaining and operating equipment (hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts)
- Implementing work zone safety procedures
- Assisting Arborist Climbers and Arborist Crew Leaders working on the ground and aloft
- Assisting with driving, backing, dumping, and parking duties
- Learning, understanding, and adhering to all safety rules and company safety policies
- A passion for nature, the environment, and the outdoors
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Interest in working outdoors year-round performing manual labor in all weather conditions
- A positive attitude, willingness to learn, and ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team
- Prior tree care, landscaping, forestry, or horticulture experience is preferred but not required
- Valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Management, Environmental Science or a related field OR prior experience working in the tree care industry is preferred but not required
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
Location : Name
Location : State/Province
Latest Post Date: englishcareers