Arborist Climber Trainee
If you enjoy working outdoors in a professional and safe environment, consider a career with Bartlett Tree Experts! At Bartlett, we value a strong culture of excellence in safety, scientific research, lifelong learning, and career development.
As an Arborist Climber Trainee, you will be an integral member of a tree care crew working alongside Bartlett’s dedicated team of arborists, gaining practical field experience in scientific tree and shrub care on commercial and residential properties. This is a unique entry-level opportunity to develop your career in arboriculture through hands-on, on-the-job training.
Bartlett Tree Experts is a 100+-year-old scientific tree and shrub care company with over 130 offices in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, and Ireland. Built on family values and the pursuit of scientific tree care, we are proud of the quality of our work, level of service, award-winning safety record, and, most of all, our people. With services including pruning, insect and disease management, soil care and fertilization, and comprehensive tree inventory and management plans, we strive to keep trees healthy and beautiful. We believe that every tree deserves a champion and are always looking for new champions to join the team!
We offer competitive compensation, as well as:
- A safety-first culture and professional workplace
- Advancement opportunities – we promote from within
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Industry credential/license pay increases – we encourage and invest in your professional development
- Company provided uniforms, PPE, gear, and equipment
- Boot reimbursement up to $150
- Access to training, continuing education programs, and a variety of resources provided by the Bartlett Tree Experts Research Laboratories in Charlotte, NC
To find out more about what life is like at Bartlett, check us out on Instagram @LifeatBartlett.
As an Arborist Climber Trainee, you will play an important role in:
- Learning through on-the-job training to safely perform all aspects of arboriculture, including:
- Tree climbing
- Cabling and bracing
- Properly maintaining and operating equipment (hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts)
- Implementing work zone safety procedures
- Assisting Arborist Climbers and Arborist Crew Leaders working on the ground and aloft
- Assisting with driving, backing, dumping, and parking duties
- Learning, understanding, and adhering to all safety rules and company safety policies
- A passion for nature, the environment, and the outdoors
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Interest in working outdoors year-round in all weather conditions
- Valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record
- A positive attitude, willingness to learn, and ability to work on a multi-disciplinary team
- Prior tree care, landscaping, forestry, turf care, or horticulture experience is preferred but not required
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Turfgrass, Environmental Science, Plant Science, Outdoor Recreation, Agriculture or a related field is preferred but not required
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
Location : Name
Location : State/Province
Latest Post Date: englishcareers