What are you looking for in an arboricultural career? Do you want to make a difference to the trees that protect and adorn our planet? Do you want to have access to the latest science and become an expert in your field? Or would you like the chance to advance as far as your hard work and dreams will take you? If the answer is yes to all of the above, you’ve found yourself in the right place. Bartlett Tree Experts is the premier scientific tree and shrub care company in the world. Here, our people thrive in a safety-first, entrepreneurial, promote-from-within environment. In fact, many of our management and sales staff began as interns and later became full-time employees after graduation.
We offer competitive compensation, as well as:
- A safety-first culture and professional workplace
- Company-paid uniforms, PPE, gear, and equipment
- Access to training, continuing education programs, and a variety of resources provided by the Bartlett Tree Experts Research Laboratories
To find out more about what life is like at Bartlett, check us out on Instagram @LifeatBartlett.
Our 8-12 week paid summer internships are designed to challenge students to learn and prosper in the arboriculture field, while being mentored by the best minds in the industry. Our services involve multiple disciplines, professional and field skills and the application of Bartlett Science to tree care and management. At the heart of our success, you’ll find our 350-acre Research Facility and Training Center in Charlotte, NC, which offers our people unrivaled training and development. Interns will have access to the resources at the lab and will have the opportunity to interact with lab personnel.
- History | Understanding of tree species and the evolutionary and ecological relationships among them, historical significance, and the utility of uses of the species
- Culture | Understanding the species-specific tolerance of soils and nutrients and the functions of the soil management program including soil sampling, prescription fertilization treatments, and root invigoration
- Concerns | Understanding the functions of the integrated pest management program including inspections, insect and disease management, sampling, treatments, equipment maintenance, and client relations
- Management | Understanding client needs and how to develop a species-specific needs assessment, management plan, and contract. Participate in safety and training meetings and develop professional relationships and friendships
- Pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Design, or a related field
- Interest in working outdoors performing manual labor in all weather conditions
- A positive attitude, willingness to learn, and ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
Location : Name
Location : State/Province
Latest Post Date: englishcareers