Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1COM – Kent-Commercial Landscape Services
PLANT HEALTH CARE TECHNICIAN — Commercial Landscape Management
Starting Date: Applications accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
Davey Commercial Landscape Management, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is pleased to offer a key opportunity in the field of Commercial Landscape Management as a Plant Health Care Technician.
- Performs fertilization and integrated pest management (insect and weed control) services on client landscape plantings and lawns using spray and spreader equipment to apply liquid and dry materials
- Customer service is a key element of the position, as well as service order routing, product mixing and application
- Turf and Weed identification and knowledge of turf physiology are valuable but not required, we will train
- Two or Four-year degree in Turf, Landscaping, Horticulture or related Agricultural disciplines is a plus, but not required
- Related past experience in turf, landscaping, State Pesticide Applicator’s License and State Fertilizer Applicator’s Certification preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Specific task training provided
- Leadership experience and a desire for career growth will be given a priority
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required
- A CDL driver’s license
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification are required.
Full time hourly positions. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Lawn Care Technicians gain valuable field experience, for rapid advancement into coordinator and sales positions. Davey offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, and F/T positions include option to buy Davey Stock after 1yr; Access to industry related training materials and Extension Courses. The Davey Tree Expert Company and CLS are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Visit Davey Website: WWW.DAVEY.COM Job Opportunities & Company Profile Information
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 1 – 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Requisition Number: 48915
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.