Position Summary: Under the general guidance of the Maintenance Branch Manager, the Account Manager maintains client satisfaction with our services, inspects client properties, provides proposals to clients for services and follows up with clients. Provide daily communication to Field Supervisors relative to client property issues and performance. Each account manager has a goal for development of new business off of their existing client base.
Reporting Responsibilities : The Account Manager reports to the Site Services Manager in the landscape maintenance department.
Qualifications / Essential duties: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to pro-actively communicate both orally and in written format with the objective of exceeding client expectations and renewing 90% of contracts each year
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and follow through on all assignments related to the clients and company. Plan own schedule and complete projects on time
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership in order to see that the company is able to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Ability to use extensive working knowledge of all paperwork necessary to complete necessary daily tasks such as proposals, bids, correspondence, invoices, site maps
- Interface professionally with clients and co-workers
- Ability to identify plants, assess plant condition and recommend corrective action
- Ability to up sell services and meet agreed upon sales goals.
- Ability to drive to multiple client locations on a daily basis
- Ability to walk and visually inspect client locations for prioritization of work and quality control
- Must effectively communicate client expectations to Field Supervisors (FS) and BOM’s.
- Ability to diagnose irrigation problems and program complex irrigation timers
- The Account Manager is responsible for recommending and selling enhancements equivalent to 30% of their contract base
- Must have ability to recognize hazards of each jobsite location and act to complete task after mitigating hazards as feasible
- Has the responsibility of reporting safety violations to BOM’s, FS and Safety Manager