Additional Locations: Vancouver, Toronto, Hamilton
Primary Locations: Ontario, Ancaster, 611 Tradewind Drive Suite 500, L9G 4V5, British Columbia, Vancouver, 1541 West 75th Avenue, V6P 6Z7, Ontario, Downsview, 10 Jethro Road, M3L 1G9
Requisition ID: 166990
Are you a recent graduate in a business field with a record of leadership in your community and extra-curricular activities looking for the right opportunity to jump-start your career?
Are you early in your career with 3-5 years’ business experience ready to take the next step into management?
Or perhaps you are already a manager but looking for a change in pace with your career to incorporate outdoors or physical activity into your office life?
If this any of these sound like you, the DAMP program is for you!
The Davey Accelerated Management Program (DAMP) is an industry-leading management training program that will develop highly driven individuals with a business aptitude and familiarizes them with the Davey business. After a successful 8-month program, the DAMP Trainee will be placed within our Canadian operations into a leadership position to embark on a fulfilling career. Davey Tree is actively seeking three candidates for our 2022 – 2023 DAMP program.
Candidates considered for this program will need to possess a strong business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit. We believe to be the best leader; you need to understand our business from the ground up. All DAMP Trainees will be exposed to:
- Field Execution
- Regional Office Process
- Corporate Operations
At the conclusion of this program, the successful Trainee will have the opportunity to take on a front-line leadership role within our operations where they will be responsible for all aspects of the assigned business, including staffing, employee development and engagement, profit and loss, safety, customer satisfaction, operations management, and overall performance of a territory.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree, or post-secondary Diploma; with a focus on business administration, business management, operations management, finance, accounting, marketing and strategic management, MBA, forestry, arboriculture, or related.
- Proven leadership capabilities in personal, extra-curricular, or work settings.
- Results driven, strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Interest in the environment, trees, and outdoor activities.
- Valid driver’s license, ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. and work outdoors in all weather.
- Previous landscape, arboriculture or horticulture experience considered an asset.
Candidates of this program must be available and capable of travelling for the 12-month duration of the program and must be willing to relocate anywhere within Davey Tree Canada’s operating locations in Ontario, Alberta, or British Columbia.
- Graduated scale of increased compensation upon successful completion of each phase of DAMP.
- Successful DAMP graduates will receive a lucrative salary with bonus packages upon placement.
- Excellent benefits package, RRSP, and careers advancement opportunities.
- Employee-owned company with stock purchase available after one year of service.
Davey Tree, established in 1880, is an employee-owned company and is the leader in tree, commercial grounds, utility, and green industry consulting across North America. At over 10,500 employees, there are unmatched opportunities for motivated individuals to build a rewarding career. Like any businesses, people are our most valuable asset and are the foundation to our continued success.
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, provincial law.
To be considered for this program, each candidate must apply with an up-to-date resume and cover letter detailing why they should be considered for the program.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, provincial law.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.