Seeking Garden and Research IPM Specialist for an immediate permanent benefitted full-time position.
We are Plant Delights Nursery/Juniper Level Botanic Garden, a perennial plant nursery established in Raleigh in 1986, offering unique, rare, well grown, and properly named perennials to passionate gardeners around the world. Despite being best known as a nursery, we actually exist for our work as a private 28-acre botanical garden and plant research facility focusing on ex-situ plant conservation, plant exploration, breeding, and making plants available via propagation. We are a family-owned company with a mission to support research, education and the exploration of plants through the sales of unique perennial plants.
Our nursery and garden provide an opportunity to work indoors and outdoors year-round, so we have a casual dress code, a diverse staff, and a friendly working environment.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Up to date knowledge of plant health problems and solutions
· Passion for working outdoors and especially with plants
· Ability to carry 50 pound backpack sprayer
· Flexibility in workflow expectations
· Toughness. It is a hard job and it takes grit.
This position is responsible for the nutrition, disease control, pest management, and weed control of the garden and research areas. This position requires the spraying of various organic and non-organic fertilizers and pesticides as a regular part of the job.
- Implements all nutrition, pest management, and plant health programs
- Turf health
- Scout and monitor for pest, nutrition and disease issues
- Proactive communication with supervisors to develop and implement plant health strategies
Some formal education or past experience in horticulture is preferred and applicants with the following qualifications will be strongly considered:
- Valid NC Pesticide Applicators License (or ability to obtain one)
Horticulture experience or degree
· Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance options
· Simple IRA with company matching funds up to 3%
· Paid public holidays
· PTO and Vacation days
Employee Classification: Full Time, hourly (non-exempt)
Standard Business Hours: Monday – Friday 8 am - 5 pm + eight open nursery and garden sales weekends each year
Send a resume with a detailed description of work history along with 3 professional references to JOBS@PlantDelights.com