A private family south of Portland with multiple properties clustered together, including a small hobby farm, seeks meticulous all-round Master Gardener. This newly created position requires somebody familiar with PNW landscaping practices and willing to work closely with management and homeowner to implement a maintenance plan for all properties. Certification and experience working on a private estate most helpful.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum three years of experience as a gardener, master gardener.
- Familiarity with private estate work is preferred.
- Expertise in irrigation system maintenance and repair.
- Experienced in operating tractors and implementing deer deterrent strategies.
- Skilled in handling lawnmowers, weed whackers, chainsaws, pruners, and pole saws.
- Able to safely use hand and power tools.
- Service-oriented team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates independent problem-solving and a willingness to learn.
- Punctual, dedicated, and highly detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Comfortable with working outside year-round.
- Comfortable in family setting with children and pets.
- Knowledge of computer software programs.
- Current unencumbered Oregon driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a background check and DMV check.
The Gardener / Groundskeeper will assist in performing skilled work in the following areas: landscape maintenance, lawn care, plant health, seasonal planting, hardscape maintenance, irrigation, equipment maintenance, and maintaining outdoor structures. This position will be responsible for resolving emergency situations and ensuring that assignments are completed in a safe, proper, and timely manner for multiple properties.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate and maintain various landscaping equipment including lawnmowers, weed whackers, chainsaws, pruners, and pole saws.
- Coordinate with property maintenance vendors for direct support and supervision.
- Maintain detailed records of property maintenance activities.
- Schedule and perform fertilization, aeration, and seasonal pruning for lawns and flower beds.
- Prune seasonal fruit trees (apples, pears, olives) and harvest fruit.
- Implement organic pest management strategies and utilize IMP for sustainable practices.
- Manage hedges, shrubs, and trees through seasonal trimming and larger projects.
- Care for organic vegetable and flower gardens, including weeding, watering, and irrigation.
- Maintain and troubleshoot irrigation systems, performing repairs and adjustments as needed.
- Operate tractor for property maintenance.
- Provide expertise for planting projects, plant selection, and deer deterrent measures.
- Solve garden issues creatively and support maintenance during inclement seasons.
- Research and implement best practices.
- Adhere to established protocols and procedures.
- Pay: $65,000-$70,000 per year DOE • Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; 9 Paid Holidays; Generous PTO Plan; 401k with up to 4% employer match; Employee Supply Benefit; Basic Life, Term Life, and AD&D Insurance; Employee Assistance Program; Mileage Reimbursement • Location: Multiple worksites • Schedule: Full-time 40 hours/week; 8-hour shifts; M-F w/ occasional weekends