Smith Turf & Irrigation is looking for a dynamic Small Engine Mechanic to join our team!
What You’ll Do
· Diagnose and repair 4 cycle and 2 cycle small engines, diesel engines and Hydraulic systems used primarily in the lawn and garden industry.
· Provide timely and quality repairs
· Source and order parts for customer repairs
· Maintain knowledge of STI’s label brands and able to perform quality control checks on equipment
· Aid in equipment set up
What We’re Looking For
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience repairing and maintaining small engines
· Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
· The ability to clearly explain the diagnosis and repair of equipment to customers
· Knowledge of small engine theory
· Stihl, Griggs-Stratton, Kohler certified is a plus
· The ability to receive STI brand specific certifications
· Ability to lift a minimum of 35lbs
· We offer a competitive benefit package
· 401(k) with Company match
· Closed Holidays
Who We Are
Founded in 1925, Smith Turf & Irrigation is the leading distributor and dealer/retailer in the Golf, Grounds and Landscaping industry. Headquartered in Charlotte, NC, STI has over 250 employees throughout 21 branches across North and South Carolina, Virginia and Tennessee. We offer the finest product choices in the industry and have built an unmatched reputation for outstanding customer care, service and support. STI is a family owned business that believes in working as a team and fosters a family oriented culture. Come join us today!
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program and 401(k) plan.
Smith Turf & Irrigation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Smith Turf & Irrigation is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.