Smith Turf & Irrigation is looking for a dynamic Service Writer to join our team!
What You’ll Do
· Identify all repair needs and provide cost estimates or quotations for all repair work
· Process repair order from service work and sales orders, generate shipping and delivery paperwork
· Schedule, communicate and maintain system documentation on job start time and completion date and any changes
· Solicit additional service work identified by technicians inspection and found during repair of equipment
· Responsible for verifying and submitting work covered under warranty and crediting customer accounts
· Generate billing for service department, process offset and re-bill
· Process parts returns to stock and remove from the customer’s bill
· Primary recipient of phone calls into the service department
· Able to assist with pulling parts for repair orders, loading and unloading equipment when needed
What We’re Looking For
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a service writer or advisor dealing with hand held landscaping/small engine equipment
· Strong diagnostic and technical skills
· The ability to clearly explain the diagnosis and repair of equipment to customers
· Strong customer service skills
· Ability to lift up to 75lbs
· We offer a competitive benefit package
· 401(k) with Company match
· Closed Holidays
Who We Are
Founded in 1925, Smith Turf & Irrigation is the leading distributor and dealer/retailer in the Golf, Grounds and Landscaping industry. Headquartered in Charlotte, NC, STI has over 250 employees throughout 21 branches across North and South Carolina, Virginia and Tennessee. We offer the finest product choices in the industry and have built an unmatched reputation for outstanding customer care, service and support. STI is a family owned business that believes in working as a team and fosters a family oriented culture. Come join us today!
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program and 401(k) plan.
Smith Turf & Irrigation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Smith Turf & Irrigation is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.