Hemington Landscape Services, Inc. is a multi-trade contractor specializing in commercial landscape installation, concrete construction, and park construction general contracting. Hemington was founded in 1983 and serves the greater Sacramento area. We are headquartered in Cameron Park, CA.
- Our Mission: We Build Environments That Make Life Better.
- Our Values: Service, Quality, Character (S.Q.C)
- Commercial Landscape and Concrete Contractor
- Located in Cameron Park CA
- 40 Years in Business
- Average crew lead and above have been with us 15 years or more.
- Consistent year-round local work.
- Supportive family friendly work environment.
- Respect for all team members regardless of position.
- Good pay. Good Benefits. Benefits include: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K with 4% match, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Vacations, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Free Chaplain Services for you and your family through Marketplace Chaplains, technical trainings, coaching program to help you achieve your goals and more.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing projects from estimation to project completion. This role requires an advanced knowledge of the HLSI estimating platform and the landscape trade. This role also requires leading and motivating others within the organization while displaying core values of the organization through work quality, service, and character. The position requires a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain project schedule from start to finish of project.
· Ensure productivity of field crews on projects responsible for.
· Interface with clients to communicate progress and field level issues.
· Coordinate with field managers to complete inspections required by city and local governments.
· Field technical questions from field managers and troubleshoot.
· Attend site meetings, visit project sites to ensure progress and quality.
· Generate project change orders and submit to clients when requested.
· Generate RFI’s and submit to designer during estimating or construction process.
· Manage project closeout process.
· Other duties as assigned by the project management team.
Project Coordinator (PC) Management
· Manage and direct project coordination staff assigned to PM Staff.
· Ensure effective change order management. Follow up on unapproved change orders when required.
· Review/execute subcontract agreements and related documents created by PC.
· Review completed project submittal packages as part of the pre-construction process.
· Ensure closeout/warranty documents are completed as part of project closeout process.
· Generate irrigation system takeoffs and input data into estimating software.
· Obtain quotes from material vendors and subcontractors during the estimating process.
· Attend bid opening meetings or pre-bid meetings as needed.
· Utilize the HLSI estimating platform to submit accurate and competitive bids.
· Other estimating duties as required.
· Valid driver’s license with favorable DMV record.
· Knowledge of basic Microsoft software systems such as Word and Excel.
· Ability to communicate effectively with many different people.
· Strong desire to be a part of close working supportive team.
· 5 years or more of landscape development experience or related experience.
· A willingness to learn and complete tasks as needed that support the team.
· Comfortable working with various software systems and basic computer skills.
· Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
· Highly organized, self-starter with little direction needed.
· Team player with the ability to contribute to a team centric culture.
· Limited local travel required when needed (within 100 miles of Cameron Park).
· 401K Plan enrollment with 4% annual company matching.
· Health Insurance coverage for employee and family.
· Life and disability insurance coverage.
· Dental Insurance.
· Paid Vacation and Sick Pay.
· Paid holidays throughout the year.