Jerry Fritz Garden Design is seeking to expand our team with an experienced and passionate individual. We are an award-winning landscape design & build firm established in 1989, serving Bucks County and the Delaware Valley area, also including Monroe County in the Poconos. We provide high quality, distinctive landscape design and fine garden maintenance for our very loyal clients, working on residential private estates. We pride ourselves in being innovative and like to use a wide array of unusual plants, also incorporating antique reclaimed granite cobblestones and brick into our gardens.
This exciting opportunity will allow you to join our team in creating beautiful gardens on very distinctive properties. We are looking for someone who is motivated, dependable, loyal, and takes pride in their work. If this describes you, we would love for you to contact us with your resume!
· Professionally lead a 2-3 person installation crew with confidence and exemplify dependability and a strong work ethic
· Train and oversee quality of work performed by crew members using best practices in the construction of outdoor spaces
· Supervise the use of equipment
· Maintain a clean, safe and positive work environment
· Perform gardening projects effectively and safely
· Assist owner of company in layouts of jobs
· Operate power equipment (such as tractors, chainsaws, sod cutters, etc.)
· Planting, rototilling, unloading trucks, mulching, etc.
· Complete written job day sheets of tasks completed and material lists for invoicing
· A minimum of 7-10 years experience in the landscape industry with 3+ years in a leadership role
· Degree in horticulture/ landscape design strongly preferred
· Strong knowledge and identification of trees, shrubs, perennials & annuals
· Understanding of proper pruning and plant care
· Accuracy and artistic attention to detail a necessity
· Experience with operation of front end/ skid loader and power equipment relevant to landscaping is a must
· Physically fit with ability to work in all weather conditions
· Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
· Must live locally to Ottsville (within 20 miles)
· Health & dental insurance
· Paid holidays
· Paid vacation time off
· Ample overtime during peak season
· Bonus pay twice a year
· 401(k) matching
To Apply: Please send resume with 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.