RESIDENTIAL LANDSCAPE DESIGNER/SALESPERSON
We are a high-end Residential Landscape Design/Build (maintenance too) company, with facilities in both Summer & Winter Resort Communities, located in Southern Vermont.
We are looking to replace our current Landscape Designer/Salesperson of over 21 years, who is retiring this Fall.
Position description: Our new Landscape Designer/Salesperson must be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of High-End Residential Landscape Design, Sales & Construction including: site analysis, grading, drainage, plant selection and placement, hardscape (patios, walls, walkways, outdoor entertainment & living spaces; pools, BBQ’s kitchens, firepits, etc. water features, landscape lighting, etc.) and be able to design the same using Dynascape, etc. software. The Landscape Designer/Salesperson must have excellent analytical, as well as, aesthetic skills, provide excellent customer service and be able to do take-offs. The Landscape Designer/Salesperson monitors the installation of landscape and irrigation projects daily. Interface with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers. The Landscape Designer/Salesperson will also interface with the Design/Build Estimator & Daily Operations Manager.
Skill set and educational requirements: The Landscape Designer/Salesperson must possess the following skill set and educational background:
· A minimum of five years of design experience in the Green Industry.
· A minimum of three years of design experience with landscape design software (Dynascapes).
· A minimum of an associate’s degree (preferably in the Green Industry).
· Hold a current Landscape Designer/Salesperson license or certification, if applicable.
· Be an active member of the Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD).
· Possess an impressive portfolio of landscape design/build projects that were installed, including design plans and before and after photographs.
· Be able to conduct a thorough site analysis.
· Be able to analyze drainage and grading requirements.
· Be able to calculate related quantities for soil import/export requirements.
· Be able to do take-offs for related designs.
· Be able to design quickly and efficiently.
· Be able to translate designs into working drawings/documents for field personnel.
· Be proficient in both oral and written communications.
· Be proficient in MS Word and MS Excel.
· Be proficient in or able to learn customer relationship management (CRM) software/Aspire.
· Be proficient in or able to learn to use the company’s estimating software.
· Be able to represent the company in a courteous and professional manner.
· A valid driver’s license and must be insurable on the company’s insurance policy.
· A clean criminal record.
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
· Design and sell a minimum of $1.8 million dollars of work annually.
· Interface with clients and ensure that all the client’s concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
· Help establish design budgets and deadlines for clients.
· Collect down payment for design from client, as outlined in our contracts.
· Design and draw project.
· Conducts appropriate site analysis.
· Conducts appropriate environmental impact assessment.
· Continually informs and updates client as to design progress or lack thereof.
· Presents final design and collects final payment from client.
· Conducts site visits and ensures project is produced as designed with appropriate materials.
· Analyzes and approves all change orders.
· Thoroughly understands and complies with company policies, procedures, and SOPs.
· Assists in the development and implementation of the company’s Team Training goals.
· Continuing education requirement: minimum of 20 hours per year.
Salary, bonus, and/or commissions: Commensurate with experience and negotiable. Benefits include; Health insurance stipend, dental, disability, ADD, life insurances, 4 weeks paid vacation, personal & sick days, company vehicle/vehicle stipend, flexible schedule, uniforms, 401K & Profit Sharing, etc., etc.