Southern California Sales Representative
Pay: $80,000 - $100,000 per year
Job Type: Full-time
Butler Box & Stake, inc. is a wholesale nursery manufacturer and supplier. Founded in 1982, we have grown into a National distributor of Wooden Tree Boxes, Plastics Pots, Stakes and a range of nursery products. Our commitment is to provide the highest quality products and service to our existing customers and new partners in the industry.
We serve over 1000 customers in California, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Nevada. The company distributes across 4 main product lines with a level of nuance across each. Customers receive seasonal or monthly orders within our designated territories. Deliveries are provided by a fleet of company trucks from the company’s 2 main locations and direct from our sources abroad through regional ports.
We are looking for an experienced Outside Sales Representative to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with existing and potential customers, providing product information and solutions, and achieving sales goals. This position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions to customer needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintain existing and build new customer relationships within the territory
- Identify and target leads and generate new business to business (B2B) sales relationships to meet specified sales goals
- Interface directly with wholesale growers, nurseries, and other sellers of nursery related products
- Develop orders and competitive bids where required within pricing policy guidelines
- Understand and communicate information regarding company products, services and policies and procedures to new and existing customers
- Continually gather information on local competition and pricing within the territory and identify market trends and provide this information to management
- Develop, engage, and maintain a short and long-term forecast and sales plan
- Provide timely and accurate reports
- Provide an elevated level of customer service to new and existing customers
- Attend and participate in strategic sales meetings and training sessions
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Location – Southern California Territory. Must be available for weekly in-person meetings in Santa Ana. Sales Territory ranges from San Diego to Fresno.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus
- AA or BA or equivalent
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have a clear driving record
- Ability and Willingness to travel
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Familiar with business reports and retail math
- Solid forecasting, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to understand and create reports from sales data, showing financial and mathematical analysis that will enhance business making decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with co-workers and customers
- Ability to build good relationships with others
- Commitment to excellence and high standards especially in customer service
- Disciplined approach to including timeliness, punctuality, and reliable attendance
- Disciplined approach to record keeping in company CRM software
- References upon request
- Minimum three to five years of related professional experience in either Agriculture (Vineyard and Orchard) or Wholesale Nursery Sales or commodity selling a broad portfolio of products
- Desired but not required, exhibit a high level of product knowledge in one or more of the following areas: plastic pots, wood stakes, wholesale nursery
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and CRM Softwares
- Positive approach to teamwork and customers
- Strong desire to learn and grow and teach others when appropriate
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and productivity
This is a full time, 40+ hours per week position (typically Monday – Friday).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a base draw of $60,000 + commission sales position. Commissions are a percentage of gross margin, based on sales in the assigned territory. This draw is the minimum that should be expected during the first year. On-target earnings for your first year is $80,000-$100,000.
After meeting eligibility requirements, benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Vacation Pay*
- Sick Pay
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement
*Two to four weeks of vacation depending on length of full-time service.