DCA Outdoor, Inc, is a values based, purpose driven organization. Handling corporate services to our family of 12 brands, we operate in 6 states, have 600+ employees with revenues of $99mm. We have revolutionized the green industry through national, vertical integration. An industry leader, our mission is to cultivate growth for our customers, our employees, our company, and our world.
Our Definite Chief Aim (DCA) is to streamline the production and distribution of landscape products across America while reducing the carbon footprint. Through our continued growth and innovation, we will have the highest impact on our world.
The Midwest Sales Manager makes an impact by budgeting, pricing, assessing, balancing, shipping, and servicing clients who purchase products and product lines for Schwope Brothers Trees Farms operations in Missouri, Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois. This is a key role in our rapidly growing business because it requires operational focus, being able to think and plan several steps ahead, while continually monitoring sellable inventory to ensure customer needs are met. This role is at the center of our operations and selling process interfacing with outside sales reps, internal stakeholders, and directly managing account representatives, product specialists, customer service representatives, as well as the shipping foreman.
- Leadership: Lead, manage, and hold accountable the team to ensure targets and objectives are being met through people management, accountability, and support of the team
- Inventory Balancing: hedges inventory over the Sales Channels in such a way that the inventory supply is optimized for the demand in the Sales Channels
- Shipping Strategy and Accuracy: executes the plan and schedules resources to ensure the product is shipped accurately and on time
- Budget Revenue based on Sellable Crops: builds and meets budget considering inventory, company revenue goals, and market demand
Essential Job Duties:
- Create and manage a planning schedule in order to meet deadlines for customer order guides and availability lists
- Accurately evaluates and grades the current product inventory
- Appropriately sets the pricing and is responsible for generating the order guide and availability lists
- Evaluate service levels with customers regarding product inquiries, product status, order allocations, and conflict resolution to escalated sales issues
- Ensure the team inputs orders into SBI and Salesforce
- Follow all DCA procedural price discounts directives as provided by leadership
- Interface with the internal production team on market findings related to supply and demand, and develop strategies to obtain the products the market wants and needs
- Create and train on transportation strategy that includes the shipping and receiving of finished materials, racking, stacking, and tagging material
- Assist shipping team with truck loading instructions and execution as needed
- Train and manage the Midwest Account Representatives to contact transportation brokers in order to set up customers trucking needs and maintain relationships
- Recruit, hire, coach, train and off-board. Write and deliver semi-annual performance reviews. Hold weekly one-on-one with direct reports.
- Provide sales and KPI reports on a regular cadence to leadership
- Works closely with the Marketing team to push out information on products and product lines to sell inventory
- Is a key contributor on the pricing and production planning teams and participates in special projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Outstanding organizational and analytical abilities
- Effective communicator that keeps a consistent line of communication
- Hard worker and consistent planner
- Multi-tasker yet impeccable at follow up and closing the loop
- Strong decision making and problem-solving abilities
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance and operational metrics
- Tech savvy
- Required: BA/BS degree
- Required: 3+ years of team management
- Preferred: Experience in nursery operational processes
- Preferred: Experience in SBI (ERP System) and Salesforce
Benefits you will Enjoy:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance 1st of the month after 30 days
- Generous 401k match with immediate vesting
- Company paid life insurance, STD, & LTD
- PTO and paid holidays
- Company culture centered around growth and innovation
- Career development & recognition
We honor our core values and expect our employees to as well. They are work hard, take pride in your work, be optimistic and respectful, show commitment, and continually grow.
We invite individuals who think like we do and will position us for major organizational growth to apply today. Join us in revolutionizing the green industry!
If you meet the criteria for this position, please apply today. Either through this ad or by going to our website at www.dcaoutdoor.com/careers.
All applicants will be required to take the Culture Index survey. If you’d like to be considered faster, please copy and paste the following into your browser to complete the survey now: https://go.apply.ci/s/A550CC0000