Samara Farms is a wholesale nursery located on 80 acres in west Nashville growing ornamental grasses, ferns, perennials, shrubs, and trees. We specialize in cultivating hardy, large specimen material which can provide the perfect landscape focus. As a wholesale nursery, we sell only to licensed growers, contractors, or architects, but welcome the end client to come to view the material.
As our team continues to grow, we are looking for a Sales Representative to join our team of plant lovers!
- Manages and grows existing accounts.
- Sells additional services/products to clients.
- Provides exceptional service throughout the customer’s experience.
- Communicates effectively in-person & over the phone to discover the customer’s wants and needs.
- Responds in a timely manner to customer inquiries and orders via email or phone; provides pricing and availability as well as pictures.
- Makes daily sales calls to potential and current customers.
- Spends time outside in the nursery year-round taking pictures to send to customers as well as helping walk-in customers with plant selection.
- Stays abreast of our current plant inventory to speak knowledgeably to customers about quality and availability.
- Builds and maintains strong professional relationships with our customers.
- Provides support to the sales team as a whole when needed.
- Contacts and visits clients to help them better understand company products and services.
- Handles queries about company products and services.
- Plans for and attends trade shows to establish new business.
- Creates estimates, sales orders, and invoices.
- Coordinates with Sales/Marketing Manager in implementing new marketing strategies and plans.
- Communicates with Delivery Coordinator on jobs requiring deliveries.
- Meets customer needs, offers options, resolves problems, and follows up with customers.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Experience: 3-5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong horticultural knowledge
- General knowledge of plant healthcare
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be a strong team player and willing to perform other duties of the nursery as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Be able to handle challenging customer service situations while maintaining professional customer relations
- Available weekends during the spring rush as it is our busy season
- Positive attitude under pressure