If you have a knowledge and passion for plants, love to learn and continuously improve, and enjoy working with others to accomplish a common goal, then we would love for you to join our team as our Growing Operations Manager for our beautiful Dayton, Oregon nursery. In this critical role, you will oversee the execution, and management of production of all the crops at the nursery to achieve all company targets in terms of quality standards, quantities, equivalent unit cost, and in accordance with specified safety requirements, schedules, and budget requirements. To do so, you will train and develop a team of Crop Grower Coaches, setting nursery wide priorities and allocation of resources to accomplish goals.
Who You Are
- have a bachelor’s degree in horticulture, or a minimum of 7 years of nursery production experience.
- have detailed knowledge of plants, equipment, and processes used in the growing of high-quality plants.
- have experience using, improving, and/or implementing ERP solutions through Oracle ERP.
- are a proficient oral and written communicator and have excellent listening skills.
- have excellent math and computer skills and are proficient in the Microsoft Office 365 Suite, DSI, BI and working within our Oracle ERP and reporting systems.
- can develop effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- have strong organizational skills, detail orientation, and focus on quality and accuracy.
- ideally are bilingual in English and Spanish.
- can multi-task and work under deadlines and have the proven ability to coordinate and delegate to team members under high pressure situations to meet team goals.
- have a high tolerance for ambiguity, uncertainty, and diversity in the workplace.
- are willing to learn and implement Monrovia Nursery Quality/Lean Six Sigma.
- possess a valid driver’s license.
- can occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Lift up to 20 pounds at a time. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Benefits at Monrovia
- receive excellent pay commensurate with experience
- receive a company match of up to 4%, when you participate in our 401(k) plan.
- be eligible to participate in medical, dental, vision and life insurance and will receive company-paid long-term disability.
- earn paid vacation and sick time.
- be able to purchase Monrovia plants for your own garden at 20% off wholesale prices.
For a detailed description and to apply, please visit us at:https://www.monrovia.com/horticulture-careers.
At Monrovia, we not only grow the most beautiful plants – we also grow careers. Come grow with us.
Monrovia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.