General Description: The Nursery Manager/Buyer is responsible for the management and training of all employees assigned to the section and others as needed. He/she takes care of buying, receiving into EPOS, maintenance, presentation and care of all products in the Nursery and Greenhouse. He/she ensures all display/feature areas are presented and maintained at a high level and stock loss is avoided. Assists in determining pricing and buying strategy to maximize profitability, and minimize stock. Assists in developing and implementing promotions. Ensures that all services and tasks carried out by employees under his/her supervision, are performed in compliance with all laws, codes, and corporate policies and Ensures that he/she and all associates under his/her supervision provide the highest levels of customer service and professionalism.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Procuring quality plant material and garden décor.
· Creating appealing yard layout and arranging displays of plant material and garden décor.
· Marketing yard merchandise in conjunction with the website and social media.
· Working with Gift shop manager to coordinate schedule and training of front counter sales staff.
· Coordinating schedules of nursery employees.
· Overseeing quality control of plant material and garden décor.
· Supervising the nursery department in the following areas: ordering plants and garden décor, ordering supplies, coordinating special event dates, managing employee hours and overtime, coordinating deliveries.
· Working with bookkeeper to track expenses and revenue growth.
· Promoting and selling products out on the floor with special emphasis at holiday times.
· Conducting and organizing inventory of plant material and garden décor.
· Hire, train and oversee the employees within the nursery.
· Responsible for establishing a safe work environment by creating and implementing safety policies that adhere to legal standards.
· Excellent Managerial Skills
· Artistic ability
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Innovative ideas
· Budgetary awareness
· Excellent customer service
· Possess sales and marketing ability
· Excellent time management skills
· Must be able to delegate tasks and be open to hearing ideas from staff