We are seeking a hardworking, self-motivated individual who loves plants and working outdoors to join our Garden Division. As a professional horticulturist at Planters, you will provide technical expertise, care and design ideas for high-end, very detailed, and horticulturally intense residential properties. Training, personal and professional growth, and group cohesion are very important to us and finding someone who fits well into our creative, team-based culture is our highest priority.
A Typical Day in the Life of a Horticulturist:
- Hand-pruning specialty shrubs, trees, and vines
- Deadheading and grooming perennials, roses, and annuals
- Identifying and treating pests and diseases
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Layout and installing containers in garden spaces
- Watering, mulching, fertilizing, and other general maintenance tasks
- Two years of horticulture or garden maintenance experience.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Horticulture or related field is a plus
- Understanding of proper horticulture, planting, and pruning practices
- Good time management skills/capable of meeting deadlines
- Ability to work on a team, learn quickly, and follow directions
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- A clean driving record and reliable transportation to work
- Applicant will need to pass a drug-test prior to employment
Join Our Team!
· Full benefits including a 401K plan and medical/dental/vision insurance
· Paid sick days, vacation, and holidays
· This is a full time, four season position 7:30a-4:00p, overtime available
· Vehicles, work shirts and jackets, and all tools are supplied
· Compensation range is $19-$22 per hour and will be determined based on experience and education
About Planters: Founded in 1988 Planters is an established end-to-end landscape architecture and garden design firm with offices in Atlanta, GA and Highlands, NC. Want to learn more about this position or Planters?
E-mail Danielle Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check us out on Facebook and Instagram, or visit our website: www.plantersgarden.com.