Colonial Gardens, located in Blue Springs, MO, was added to our brand family in 2016. Founded in 1969, renovations began in 2017 to create an agritourism destination. It is the garden center, reimagined! We offer a greenhouse, nursery, café and coffee shop, event space, and farmer’s market. It’s where plants, food and farms connect. Educational classes promoting local agriculture and sustainability as well as private events are also offered.
Colonial Gardens is part of the DCA Outdoor family of brands. We are vertically integrated and take pride in being an industry leader. We’re not only streamlining the production and distribution of
landscape products, but we are also working to reduce the carbon footprint. Through our continued
growth and innovation, we will have the highest impact on our world.
If you are a positive dynamic leader with ability and drive to motivate and manage a team, thrive in a
fast paced environment, and have a genuine care in leading teams to provide exceptional customer experience, drive sales, and maintain a safe and positive work environment, we invite you to apply for the position.
The Nursery Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of sales, staffing, merchandising, and general operations in the Nursery, and Perennials departments.
Manage and develop these teams to be motivated in providing a positive customer experience, a productive shopping environment, proactively drive sales and support events, provide plant care, ensure merchandising is current with seasonal needs, maintain inventory stocked, while meeting financial responsibilities in accordance with organizational goals.
- Operations Management: Lead and manage to optimize revenue expectations and staffing of assigned departments to appropriate seasonal budget targets and to meet customer service needs
- Customer Service & Merchandising: Responsible for exceptional engagement with internal and external customers in support of assigned departments. Accountable for visual merchandising,signage, planograms, min/max models, and space utilization, while maintaining a safe work and customer environment
- Inventory & Equipment Management: Accountable for the optimal inventory assortment, inventory planning, merchandise replenishment for departments during seasonal changes. Maintain quality control of all equipment, assets, physical plants, and maintenance for departments
- Leadership: Lead, manage, and hold accountable the staff of departments and partner with all other management to execute successful operations
Essential Job Duties:
- Set and manage a comprehensive business plan, operating budget, and goals that deliver on performance and growth
- Develop staff through tools such as scorecards, weekly one-to-ones, team meetings, product training, and special projects
- Provide information to customers on the care of products within these departments, responsible for teaching and training staff on the same
- Responsible for customer-facing workshops, events, social media posting, and other functions to further the engagement of these departments with the brand values
- Responsible for building relationships with KAT and Services Department to ensure delivery & install operations run well, the various assortments service our customers well, and leads with product selection and SKU management for these KAT dependent categories
- Ability to plan for upcoming seasonal product and have it ready to sell during the appropriate
- time by creating visual merchandising plans
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explain and enforce safety regulations and policies
- Guide and lead landscape display beds and oversee maintenance of those areas
- Help or assist with any other duties as necessary or needed to help maintain or improve the company
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to lead teams in a positive way with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strategic operational department planning
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Attention to detail
- Adhere to all safety rules and requirements
- Required: 5-7+ years in Retail/Garden Center environment
- Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Required: BS (Bachelor of Science) in Horticulture, OR comparable work experience with trees, shrubs and perennials, nursery, and landscape environments
- Required: 5+ years of team management and successfully leading teams
- Preferred: Experience in a nursery or retail environment
Benefits You Will Enjoy:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance 1st of the month after 30 days
- Generous 401k match with immediate vesting
- PTO that begins after 90 days
- On the job training that prepares you to succeed
- Company culture centered around growth and innovation
We honor our core values and expect our employees to as well. They are work hard, take pride in your work, be optimistic and respectful, show commitment, and continually grow.
We invite individuals who think like we do and will position us for major organizational growth to apply today. Join us in revolutionizing the green industry!
If you meet the criteria for this position, please apply today.
All applicants will be required to take the Culture Index survey. If you’d like to be considered faster, please copy and paste the following into your browser to complete the survey now: https://go.apply.ci/s/A550CC0000
Please select the one named, Colonial Gardens Nursery Operations Manager.
Come change the planet with us!