Homestead Gardens prides itself on honesty, integrity, and services to its customers. With the commitment of our hardworking staff, we have been able to successfully serve the community since 1973.
We have an opportunity for a Horticulture-focused Education & Training Specialist responsible for the training and professional development of all Homestead Gardens employees. This role will also participate in community outreach to develop and host Horticulture and Agriculture related seminars and webinars.
- What You Will Do:
- Develop Training Plans for all HG positions in all business divisions.
- Develop content and facilitate training per all training plans.
- Develop content and conduct new hire orientations as required in coordination with HR and Store Managers.
- Update and train new hires and current managers to HG Manager's Manual and SOP manual
- Establish and maintain the Learning and Development budget.
- Establish partnerships with Horticulture and Agriculture organizations for recruiting, internships, and training/development.
- Development and implementation of consumer education strategy.
What You Will Bring:
Our ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of relevant experience and the following credentials/skills:
- Degree and/or Certification in Horticulture with extensive plant knowledge.
- Training and communication skills with the ability to lead by example.
- Excellent internal and external customer focus, and service.
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn all aspects and care of department products/services.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Computer/technology skills, including LMS operations (Learning Management). Eagle system knowledge is a plus.
Why You'll Love Us:
- We are an award winning company with a legacy of being The Best Of for 50 years!
- We're proud to be the number one family-owned retailer in Anne Arundel County, MD.
- Homestead Gardens has donated over $1 million to the community.
- Competitive pay, flexible hours, and professional development so you can advance in a fun and exciting career.
- You get to work in a garden center, meet fascinating, like-minded people, and live the green life!
- Employee Benefits Plans
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Store Discount
- Flexible Schedules