Williamsburg LDC Manager
We are seeking an energetic Nursery Manager for our Landscape Distribution Center (LDC) in Williamsburg, Va. This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the LDC. Some of the expectations include:
- Providing great customer service
- Ensuring that plants are properly cared for
- Manage sales staff according to company standards.
- Maintaining a well-stocked sales yard with accurate inventory numbers
- Upkeep and maintenance of rolling equipment
- Proper use and maintenance of the irrigation system
Interested candidates needs to have:
- comprehensive knowledge of trees/shrubs/annuals and perennials
- experience driving tractor, forklift and front end loaders
- above average computer skills
- good oral and written communication skills
- attention to detail
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- work in various weather conditions
- ability to lift and carry 50 pounds regularly
- valid Virginia Driver’s License and good driving record
- good work ethic, dependable and on time
**Prior nursery/landscape experience required.
Virginia Certified Horticulturist certification a plus.
Degree in horticulture or agriculture preferred with related nursery/greenhouse experience. (5 years work-related experience with at least 2 years being in management OR 8 years’ experience in the green industry and 2 of those years being a manager) Education and work experience will be verified.
Work hours are 7am - 4pm, Monday - Friday and 7:45 - 12:00 pm on Saturday (during our busy seasons: April-May and October -November)
Must agree in writing to a criminal background check and credit report.
*** Must be able to travel to Smithfield, Va for training. (Approx 1 -2 weeks)
Compensation: Salary range $42,000 - $50,000 annually. Pay range based on education and prior work experience. (Degree in horticulture, botany, biology and/or experience in the landscape, design/build, Hardscapes etc.)
Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance. Paid time off, holidays, life insurance and 401K.
***Please send a current resume demonstrating that you have the qualifications requested to be considered for this position. Resume needs to include current telephone number and email address.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Williamsburg, VA 23185: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- List two references that can confirm your work history and abilities in the green industry.
- Nursery Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Nursery, Garden Center or Landscaping: 3 years (Required)
Please send current resume and cover letter to:
Ann Montague, HR Manager, Bennett's Creek Nursery, 17497 Benn's Church Blvd., Smithfield, VA 23430. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 757-483-1425