Wilson Nurseries is hiring a self-motivated, knowledgeable individual with a horticultural degree (or equivalent retail nursery experience) with a strong knowledge of plants, specifically trees, shrubs, and woody plant material. Excellent customer service skills are an absolute must. A great nursery manager will become equal parts plant expert, motivating leader, and terrific salesperson.
The Perfect Position For...
- A Recent Horticulture Graduate: You've got to know your woody plant material - this is a great position for someone with strong book knowledge that's looking to grow into a leadership position in the horticulture industry while at central Kentucky's premier nursery. We'll teach you to lead staff, develop as a salesperson, and manage the inventory of a retail garden center and begin to grow in our native nursery.
- An Experienced Nurseryman/Nurserywoman: Maybe you never graduated with a degree, but that doesn't mean you don't know your trees & shrubs. If you've got experience managing woody inventory for a retail garden center - you'll be a great fit.
- Oversee the care of nursery stock (shrubs, woodies, trees, and hard goods)
- Purchasing and receiving plant material, processing new inventory, merchandising, and communicating with vendors
- Arranging and preparing nursery lot to maximize sales
- Assist customers with purchasing plants and answering questions about plant care
- Unloading new shipments of plant material and loading customers
- Communicate with other management team members to ensure the high-quality standard of all plant material
- Have a horticultural degree and/or 3 years retail nursery experience
- Must be sales oriented and facilitate sales by working personally with customers in choosing plants to create their own gardens
- Able to thrive in a constantly changing work environment
- Have or be willing to obtain a category 12 retail sales pesticide license
- A strong self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must have a desire to create a memorable experience in a beautiful environment
- Must desire to grow a profitable division of an existing established business
- Able to stand, walk, and work in an indoor or outdoor environment in all weather
- Be able to repeatedly lift over 60lbs
- 401(k) + matching
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off