The Application Process
Visit us at https://www.huntington.org/employment to apply directly!
Please submit a cover letter and CV/resume as a single PDF attachment.
You will have the opportunity to submit additional documents on the “My Experience” section of the application
About the Role
The Huntington seeks an experienced gardener to assist with maintenance in Children’s Garden. The Helen and Peter Bing Children's Garden is the perfect space for youngsters to explore the natural world and develop a lifelong appreciation for nature. Reports to area supervisor.
- Woody and herbaceous perennial pruning (various techniques)
- Mulching, composting, and soil health maintenance
- Small irrigation adjustments as required
- Weeding, watering, and plant installation
- Greenhouse watering and maintenance
- Adheres to written safety policy, follows all precautions and directions in use of equipment and chemicals
Candidate Requirements and Experience
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of general cultivation of plants, watering, pruning, planting, and soil health.
- Attention to detail in the garden.
- Must work well independently.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, walk long distances and lift moderate (and occasionally heavy) loads.
- Must be competent in the proper use of hand and mechanized tools.
- Must be able to work safely, efficiently and complete tasks within specified timeframe.
- Ideal candidate enjoys working outdoors in a garden setting.
- Some gardening experience required
Work will be outdoors, in all weather conditions. Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
Compensation & Benefits
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and perks for all eligible employees including:
- Pay Rate: $19/hr.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 403(b) basic retirement plan and optional matching retirement plan with an outstanding employer match
- Hybrid remote work schedule available for applicable positions
- Considerable paid time off, including annual leave, sick leave, and holidays
- Discounts for staff in The Huntington Store and restaurants
- Access to the Museums Council pass, which grants free admission to various museums and cultural institutions
- Free passes each month to welcome family and friends to visit the grounds