Why join Super-Sod?
Super-Sod is an organization that has a 70-year reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation, and expertise. Our employees use their creativity and talent to invent new solutions, meet new demands, and offer the most effective services and products in the industry. With your active involvement, creativity, and support, Super-Sod will continue to achieve its goals.
Super-Sod offers a welcoming environment to both our customers and employees. Our teams work highly collaboratively and are proud of the dynamic culture which cultivates company-wide growth and teamwork. Super-Sod employees stand out as being industry professionals who offer knowledge, experience, and a passion to serve. In turn, the Company provides our family of employees’ competitive wage and benefit offerings to ensure their needs are exceeded and their own families are provided for. In addition to numerous awards for quality products, Super-Sod is honored to be consecutively named a Top Workplace by the Atlanta Journal Constitution year after year.
In addition to good working conditions and competitive pay, it is Super-Sod’s policy to provide a combination of supplemental benefits to all eligible employees. In keeping with this goal, each benefit program has been carefully devised. These benefits include flexible paid time-off, such as vacations and holidays, as well as comprehensive and innovative health and wellness plans that include products like medical, dental, vision, HSA, and supplemental life, accident, hospital, and critical illness. We are constantly studying and evaluating our benefit programs and policies to better meet present and future requirements. These policies have been developed over the years and continue to be refined to keep up with changing times and needs.
The Inside Service Representative develops relationships and interacts face-to-face with new and existing customers (both landscapers and residential) to increase sales of products and/or services. This person also works with customers to highlight the features and benefits of Super-Sod products to achieve increased sales and profitability for our retail stores.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with customers to recommend the best types of grasses for their projects
- Determines customers’ lawn care needs both in-person and over the phone
- Processes orders using Point of Sale system
- Maintains inventory of products
- Reconciles daily sales
- Works closely with Sales Managers, General Management, Yard Workers and Administrative staff to provide optimal service internally and externally.
- Responds to requests from customers and assists with operational demonstration and handling product weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Remains knowledgeable and up to date on changes and developments in the lawn and turf industry, as well as new products within the company.
- Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
This position requires no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional retail environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing systems and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, lift, push, pull, stoop, or bend. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. This employee requires full range of motion of arms and legs and requires movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity and coordination. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift products and office supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours can change at the discretion of the Store Manager or Regional Director; though typical hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday work is required only as job duties demand throughout harvesting season (typically March-September from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.).
This position requires little to no travel time.
Required Education and Experience
- High school degree and business discipline.
- Face-to-face / counter sales experience.
- Sales and Customer Service experience.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with turfgrass sod and seed in a retail setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication, or Business Management.
- Additional education in turf management, horticulture, or similar field of study.
- Bilingual skills in English / Spanish are a big plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reports to: Store Manager
*Nonexempt: Employees primarily performing work that is subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Overtime pay is required.