Job Title: Horticulturist
Location: The Suburban Club
7600 Park Heights Avenue
Pikesville, MD 21208
The Suburban Club is a full-service private country club founded in 1900. The Club is located on 130 aces and includes clubhouse grounds, golf and tennis patios, a pool terrace and an 18-hole golf course with landscaping and flowerbeds throughout the property. The Suburban Club exists to provide and encourage a quality, family-oriented environment for the recreation, relaxation, dining and social interaction of its members, their families and friends.
The Horticulturist reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent. He/she manages the Club’s landscaping to beautify the grounds for the enjoyment of the members. The Horticulturist’s responsibilities include design, planning, selection, purchasing, installation and maintenance of all landscape beds and ornamental plantings on the property. Maintenance includes pesticide and fertilizer applications, mulching, weeding, pruning, trimming and watering. This position requires extensive knowledge of annual and perennial plant materials used in the Mid-Atlantic region. The Horticulturist will have ongoing opportunities to use their creativity while designing new landscapes and renovating existing landscapes.
· Must be a good communicator ensuring the timely flow of information
· Must be organized and detail-oriented
· Must possess basic computer skills (Word and Excel)
· Must be a creative thinker and passionate about Horticulture
· Must obtain Maryland pesticide and fertilizer licensing within 3 months of employment
· Must be able to work weekends, holidays and emergency situations as necessary
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds, walk, bend, carry, climb, reach above shoulders, push and pull
· Must pass a mandatory drug screening
Education Requirements: A certificate,2 or 4 year degree in Horticulture or related field is preferred. Spring 2023 graduates are encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000
Benefits: Health, life, vision and dental insurance, 401k, paid holiday/vacation time (15 days) and sick time (3 days), dues for national and local associations, expenses for attending regional education seminars, uniform/clothing allowance, meals provided
Date Available: Immediately
Application Instructions: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com