GROUNDS UNIT DIRECTOR V - UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN - GREEN BAY, WI
- SSCWe are hiring immediately for a Grounds Unit Director position.
- Location: (Openings at other locations within school district available) Note: University of Wisconsin, Green Bay, WI
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group we create clean, safe, and distraction free learning environments for students of all ages. With a focus on a people first culture, growth opportunities, and supporting local communities we set the stage for a meaningful career in educational facilities nationwide.
Working as Unit Director, you will be responsible for the Management of snow and ice removal, grounds keeping, lawn care, athletic fields, trees and shrubs, annual flowers, perennials and sustainable plantings. Focus is on snow removal, location is in upper Wisconsin on Lake Michigan. Must be able to lead team and work independently. De Icing, knowledge on bobcat large plows, salt trucks preferable.
- Trains employees on procedures and proper operation of equipment.
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Performs daily inspections and follows through on all assignments to ensure task completion.
- Cross trains and develops personnel for multiple positions.
- Holds weekly staff reports and inspections.
- Meets with staff weekly to review task completion and future projects.
- Secures building after completion of work.
- Guides completion on projects to make sure they are completed timely and within budget.
- Reports budgetary issues.
- College degree preferred.
- One to two years as supervisor in housekeeping or service-related field with high customer/client contact required.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to engage and motivate staff.
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Ability to work with heavy cleaning equipment.
Enhance your quality of life through our comprehensive benefits:
- · Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- · 401K with Company Match
- · Disability Insurance
- · Life Insurance/AD
- · Associate Shopping Program
- · Health and Wellness Programs
- · Discount Marketplace & Employee shopping program
- · Identify Theft Protection
- · Pet Insurance
- · And More
SSC maintains a drug-free workplace.
SSC & Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the facility service industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Share this Job
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1167204