Homestead Horticulture Supply Division caters to landscape contractors and builders in the DC-Baltimore region and is searching for a Manager for our nursery wholesale division. This position is responsible for the financial management and operational performance of the Horticulture Supply Division. The Manager is a key team member of the Homestead Gardens Leadership team and serves as a representative and liaison between the divisions.
What You Will Do:
- Manage a team of approximately 16 employees including sales, labor, growers, and administrative personnel.
- Tasks include scheduling, feedback/performance, interviewing, safety, and weekly meetings.
- Develop and manage inside and outside sales strategy working with marketing resources and industry partners.
- Manage and prioritize facility improvement projects.
- Forecast and manage budgets including sales, expense, and payroll.
- Regularly attend industry events and associations representing the Horticulture Supply Division.
What You Will Bring:
- Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience working in the Horticulture field, specifically in nursery production and sales.
- Proven leadership skills managing a fully Nursery and Production facility.
- Excellent relationship building, customer service and sales management skills.
- Finance and budget experience.
- On the job safety experience with a nursery and/or garden center.
- Willingness to have a flexible work schedule and work outdoors in all types of weather.
Why You'll Love Us:
- We are an award winning company with a legacy of being The Best Of for 49 years!
- We're proud to be the number one family-owned retailer in Anne Arundel County, MD.
- Homestead Gardens has donated over $1 million to the community.
- Competitive pay, flexible hours, and professional development so you can advance in a fun and exciting career.
- You get to work in a garden center, meet fascinating, like-minded people, and live the green life!
- Employee Benefits Plans
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Store Discount
- Flexible Schedules