This position reports to the Garden Design General Manager/Director of Operations.
For over 75 years, the dedicated team at Winston Flowers has been committed to fostering excellence in everything we do. Today, our family-owned company has a worldwide online presence, two state-of-the-art design studios—60,000 square feet in Boston and 12,000 square feet in New York City—and retail shops throughout the Greater Boston area and in Greenwich, Connecticut. Each and every person on our team works in pursuit of a singular goal: to take care of our clients’ precious moments as if they were our own.
- In collaboration with Garden Design Field Supervisors and Garden Designers, manages installation team activities and resources on a daily basis (staffing, tools, vehicles, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining daily standards in all operations, including materials, supplies, team performance and company vehicles, as well as ongoing training and coaching in service and technical skills
- Lead, motivate and develop the Garden Design installation team (Field Supervisors and Associates) by mentorship and personal example to create and promote a productive and cohesive work environment
- Attend weekly meetings to review scheduled installations to plan scheduling, product needs, and collaborate with Operations team to plan further actions needed; organize and catalog installation images /li>
- Manage follow up visits to client sites for a quality assurance purposes, document and catalog installation images; provide feedback to Operations and design teams regarding product quality and viability as appropriate
- Maintain outside vendor relationships, coordinate joint installations (i.e. irrigation, etc.)
- Provide excellent service and resolve customers questions and concerns in The Winston Way as needed
- Responsible for overall management of Garden Design team in Garden Design General Manager’s absence as needed
- Year-round position; must be flexible to perform other responsibilities as business needs require during Garden Design off-seasons
- Bachelor’s degree in horticultural field or equivalent work experience leading a landscaping team is required
- Candidate must have 3+ years of hands-on experience in installation of in-ground landscaping; container planting experience is additionally beneficial
- Advanced horticultural knowledge for Zones 5 and colder
- Proven ability to establish new client relationships and build upon existing relationships
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively with high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Flexible work schedule required including weekend and holiday availability as needed, with the ability to work outside under all weather conditions
- Ability to lift and move product weighing up to 75 pounds
- Peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
Winston Flowers’ benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, free on-site parking, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, short term disability, pre-tax commuter and dependent care accounts; 401(k) and health savings account, both with company match, and a generous employee discount.