This position reports to Garden Design General Manager/Director of Operations.
For over 75 years, the dedicated team at Winston Flowers has been committed to fostering excellence in everything we do. Today, our family-owned company has a worldwide online presence, two state-of-the-art design studios—60,000 square feet in Boston and 12,000 square feet in New York City—and retail shops throughout the Greater Boston area and in Greenwich, Connecticut. Each and every person on our team works in pursuit of a singular goal: to take care of our clients’ precious moments as if they were our own.
- Lead and participate in Garden Design installations, directing the activities and productivity of Garden Design installation team on-site
- Consult with clients regarding their small garden spaces, container plantings and roof decks; collaborate on product selection to best suit the environment and space, create plantings consistent with Winston Flowers standards and aesthetic
- Assist Garden Design Coordinator with creation of client proposals and image sheets
- Responsible for maintaining daily standards in all operations; materials, supplies, team performance and company vehicles
- Year-round position; must be flexible to perform other responsibilities as business needs require during Garden Design off-seasons
- Bachelor’s degree in horticultural field or equivalent work experience is required /li>
- Candidate must have 1-4 years of hands-on experience in garden design, previous experience leading a planting installation team is preferred
- Strong horticultural knowledge for Zones 5 and colder
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively with high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation previous experience leading a planting installation team is preferred
- Proven ability to establish new client relationships and build upon existing relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Flexible work schedule required including weekend and holiday availability, with the ability to work outside under all weather conditions
- Ability to lift and move product weighing up to 75 pounds
- Peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
- Valid driver’s license with no violations is required
Winston Flowers’ benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, free on-site parking, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, short term disability, pre-tax commuter and dependent care accounts; 401(k) and health savings account, both with company match, and a generous employee discount.