Join our landscaping team on the North Oregon Coast and grow along with us at Dennis’ 7 Dees!
As a Landscape Construction Foreman you’ll be responsible for overseeing a small crew as you build outdoor landscaping projects.
You will lead in the construction of all phases of landscape installation with minimal oversight, and will need to stay within contractual standards while managing quality, budget, time, and safety. You will be responsible for communicating daily with your crew, Project Manager, Salesperson/Designer, and client.
You and your team will construct patios, retaining walls, steps, paths, water features, irrigation systems, and install beautiful plantings. You’ll operate a wide range of landscape and construction equipment with safety as your main priority.
You are a reliable, hardworking individual with a genuine desire to gain new skills and grow in your landscaping career. Your attention to detail, excellent teamwork, and love of working outside will make you successful in this position.
Benefits and Pay
- $18 to $26 per hour dependent upon experience
- Performance-based bonus
- Uniforms are provided
- Weekly paychecks, weekends off, affordable and comprehensive health insurance, paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, and 401k with generous company match
Work Schedule and Environment
- 40+ hours per week, Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
- North Oregon Coast position headquartered at our Seaside location
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in landscape construction required, foreman-level experience preferred
- Responsible, reliable and on time
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Advanced equipment and tool knowledge, including selection and proper use
- Operate a variety of landscape equipment, including skid steers, trenchers, saws, plate compactors, sod cutters, and power tools
- Read and understand construction plans
- Good time-management and ability to run a project from start to finish
- Measure and understand elevations
- Basic computer skills, including email, word processor, and spreadsheets
- Able to use a smartphone
- Driver's license preferred – driving impacts wage range
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Able to push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, twist, climb, and squat
About Dennis’ 7 Dees
Dennis’ 7 Dees is a family-owned and operated business with deep roots in the Portland area. Along with our retail gardening stores, we provide residential and commercial landscaping services throughout Oregon and southwest Washington.
In 2021 we were named a Top Workplace by The Oregonian! The award was based on feedback from our employees and solidifies our goal of being a company that grows people, not just plants.