The hourly rate for this position at Scotts/Hawthorne will generally fall between $20.00-22.00. Scotts/Hawthorne will consider various factors in determining the actual pay including your skills, qualifications, experience, and geographical location.
We are looking for a Seasonal Merchandiser to join our Field Sales team.
Seasonal Merchandisers report directly to a Sales Manager and work within our big box retailers, such as Home Depot and Lowe's. As part of the day-to-day responsibilities Merchandisers execute merchandising directives and re-sets, establish a positive rapport with store personnel and customers, and relay information to Scotts Sales team regarding inventory opportunities.
In this role you will:
- Merchandise products inside and outside stores
- Provide customers and store associates with product knowledge on Scotts brands
- Ensure product is stocked and presentable at all times
- Assist in identifying opportunities for solution selling and incremental space
- Provide support to Sales Manager and store employees as needed
- Work effectively independently and as a team to perform all tasks assigned
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience in retail, merchandising and/or stocking preferred
- Problem solving and service oriented attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to operate company provided technology
- Current, valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Ability to routinely walk, stand, climb an 8-12 foot ladder, lift up to 45 lbs and be exposed to weather elements (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain)
What we do for our Merchandisers:
- Offer a retirement program with up to 7.5% 401(k) match
- Compensation for commuting expenses
- Provide flexible working hours
- Provide valuable, hands-on experience within merchandising, retail and customer service
- Paid on-the-job training including in-depth product knowledge on the Scotts products
- Fast tracked career advancement opportunities for high performing associates
- Provide necessary safety gear
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.