Summary: The Controller will bring the business's numbers to life to help educate and drive the team utilizing open book management and profit-sharing programs. As a member of the leadership team, you are responsible for the company's financial health by managing all processes and functions in finance, HR administration, inventory management, and compliance. This will be accomplished by performing the following tasks:
· Oversee and direct all accounting operational functions and team.
· Prepare monthly financial statements for reporting to leadership and management teams.
· Project cash flow needs and budgets, prepare weekly forecasts.
· Oversee admin team to complete EOM processes for timely reporting.
· Prepare and manage company budget with direct oversight of overhead expenses.
· Compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
· Process bi-weekly payroll and manage changes, garnishments, reimbursements, etc.
· Administer and manage employee benefit plans, PTO,
· Manage supply inventory through accurate and timely purchase orders and quarterly inventory counts.
· Oversee subcontractor compliance and payment schedules.
· EOM close and reporting done by the 18th of each month
· Quick and Current Ratio goals
· Working Capital reporting and ratio goals
· Overall Net Profit performance
Desired Experience and Education:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
· Minimum of eight years’ experience as full charge accountant, controller, CFO or related position.
· Must have a strong aptitude in technology.
· Extensive experience in HR-related areas as well as human capital management systems.
· Experience managing inventory in a POS system and building assemblies in QuickBooks.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proficient in all MS Office programs, QuickBooks and familiar with CRM and point of sale functions.
· Able to negotiate and maintain relationships with bank, insurance, and vendor partners.
· Strong background in leadership and management positions.
· Experience in the green industry or construction-related field a plus.
· Preferred bilingual in English and Spanish
· Must be willing to perform a credit and background check and drug test.
Compensation & Benefits:
· Total compensation of $80,000 – 100,000, DOE
· Profit share bonus if earned
· Paid time off and holidays
· Health and dental insurance 50% company paid
· ST/LT disability, life insurance, vision
· Simple IRA plan with company match
· Paid parental and bereavement leave
· Customizable wellness reimbursement plan
· Company cell phone
· Work from home flexibility
· Friday’s off during the months of January and February
· Yard & service discounts for you and your immediate family
· Relaxed and positive company culture (we work hard, but like to have fun!)
Reports to: CEO
Works closely with: general manager, leadership, mechanic, supply yard team, production managers
Direct reports: AR/AP Clerk
Typical Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00am-5:00pm
Dress Code: casual