Qualified candidate will be responsible for all production and shipping on the Yamhill, OR container facility. Duties include but not limited to:
- Plan and prioritize all activities for the container operation with emphasis on consistency, quality, preparation, year-round stability, and profitability.
- Focus daily on efficient use of labor, land, water, finances, equipment, inventory, and time.
- Document short- & long-term plans for the farm to mitigate risks and burden on these resources.
- Work with General Manager and other departmental managers to regularly review and revise this plan.
- Establish a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement via processes, yields, automation, technology, and Lean manufacturing principles.
- Track & report appropriate departmental metrics; utilize them for transparency, management & goal setting.
- Implement & document best practices/processes wherever possible.
- Build, develop, challenge, and grow staff for the future in an ever-evolving operation.
- Communicate weekly with Midwest container managers to coordinate schedules and to maximize overall container capacities and efficiencies.
- Work closely with inventory department to ensure accuracy, proper timing and maximum sell-through of crops.
- Direct Plant Health Foreman and crew under the guidance of Bareroot Operations Manager.
- Work closely with Water Resources Manager on management of irrigation systems and associated needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a minimum 2-year degree in an agricultural sciences or business field, or equivalent experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of nursery operations including production, logistics, cultural practices, and equipment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle pressure, make timely decisions and manage a large, diverse workforce.
- Experience working tactfully through personnel matters including interviewing, hiring, coaching, disciplinary action, and making compensation recommendations all appropriately within company policies or guidance.
- Familiar with Lean manufacturing principles.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Must take and pass employer-paid post offer drug screen and background check.
Please submit cover letter, resume & minimum salary expectations