Seeking a motivated and talented individual to assist the Head Groundskeeper in all aspects of grounds maintenance at a private estate. Among other duties, the Grounds Assistant is responsible for maintaining turf and related equipment, repairing and maintaining the irrigation system, and performing selected handyman duties. The right candidate must exhibit excellent communication skills, maintain a professional appearance, and remain flexible as the needs of the property change over time. This position is an excellent opportunity for a creative, hardworking individual to shine. If you are the motivated individual we are looking for here in Denver, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
· Understanding and correct application of landscape maintenance tools and equipment, as well as current industry techniques and standards
· A strong ability to recognize plant healthcare needs and problems.
· Physical capacity to lift and carry 50-lbs; stand, walk, squat for extended periods of time.
· Work outdoors in adverse conditions.
· Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Three excellent work references.
· Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
· A pre-employment background check and drug test are required.
· Perform weekly turf maintenance including mowing, edging and trim work.
· Perform irrigation maintenance, adjustments, and repairs during growing season.
· Perform and assist with handyman tasks as needed.
· Perform regular hardscape maintenance of walkways, fencing, walls, gates, water features, outdoor lighting, pool, and other hardscape features.
· Assist with spring and fall clean-up of leaves and debris from beds, turf, and hardscape.
· Assist with general grounds maintenance activities including weeding, herbicide applications, vine and sucker control, and other duties that keep the property beautiful.
· Assist with plant health care activities including mulching, planting, pruning, deadheading, supplemental watering, and other duties that keep the landscape thriving.
· Assist with fertilization of turf and beds.
· Assist with snow and ice removal.
· Other duties as job requires.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
· 2+ years performing grounds, turf, or landscape maintenance, and/or degree in related field.
· Ability to accurately communicate in Spanish.
· Handyman skills including basic trouble-shooting of residential electrical systems and plumbing, light painting, basic carpentry, welding, and other skills that will set you apart from everyone else.
· This is a full-time, seasonal position with opportunities for over time and continued employment.
· Starting pay is $20-24 per hour, depending on experience.
· Comfortable uniforms are required and will be provided.
· Professional development and continuing education opportunities exist.