Greenleaf Nursery Company in Tarboro, NC is looking for a well-organized, self-motivated individual to oversee our Planting and Can Filling Department
This individual will work under the current supervisor during a period of months in order to be trained on how to run an efficient, cost effective and productive department with the goal of taking over the supervisor position.
The training will cover:
- Budgeting, planning projects, training employees and general oversight of the department.
- Ordering the supplies needed to run the department such as containers, bark, amendments, tags and tools.
- Supervising a can filling crew of up to 15 employees and a planting crew of up to 12 employees.
- Understanding our planting and can filling processes. Communicating planned locations for each crop. Block coordination for can filling.
- Scouting liners and shift to ensure quality plants and sufficient quantities are selected.
This position requires a minimum education of a high school degree or GED. A B.S. in horticulture or Agriculture is preferred. Experience working with Excel is necessary. Speaking Spanish, although not required would be helpful.
This position will start as an hourly role and transition to a salaried position within the first year as long as the trainee’s performance meets or exceeds the expectations of the supervisory position. The benefits of the Planting and Can Filling Supervisor position will include a medical/health insurance plan, 401K and a company vehicle.