Major objectives of the Outside Sales Representative involve generating new business for Goodmark Nurseries LLC. This includes servicing existing customers, developing new sales opportunities, and investigating new revenue streams. The Outside Sales Representative will assist other team members in creating marketing and sales opportunities developing new sales tools and administering them.
- Meet or exceed established sales and profit goals including but not limited to the following:
- Achieve monthly and annual sales profit targets as developed with Nursery Director.
- Cold call new potential leads, to establish new sales opportunities.
- Visit landscapers, re-wholesalers, and garden centers to establish new relationships.
- Follow-up on orders sent ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Upsell and substitute missing product in order to gain more market share with new and existing customers.
- Handle customer calls, take orders, and input into system.
- Call customers who have opened Constant Contact emails to solicit sales.
- Call customers to announce special promotions and/or follow-up on them if they have been communicated via Constant Contacts.
- Bid projects submitted by fax, email or website.
- Follow-up on open bids with customers.
- Track and follow-up on open orders to schedule customer pick-up.
- Utilize outlook calendars for delivery, pick-up and tagging.
- Assist with customer tagging appointments for your assigned customers.
- Maximize profitability by ensuring delivery charges are properly assessed.
- Perform tours of the nurseries for customers.
- Assist in the development of company sales goals and budget figures.
- Work with management to develop sales promotions and tradeshow specials.
- Attend and work trade show booth, enhancing current customer relationships, creating new ones, selling plant material and publicizing promotions.
- Assist when needed with collection calls to resolve discrepancies.
- Assist as needed with other marketing functions (promotions, customer recognition/retention).
- Work with the Senior Sales Representative to report accurate numbers.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITY:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to solve problems and offer valid solutions to a variety of issues and implement these solutions in a positive cooperative manner.
- The ability to coordinate and complete numerous activities in a limited time span.
- The ability to visit customers and make positive suggestions, assist staff in problem solving, conduct tours and display a degree of expertise commensurate with the activity at hand.
- The capacity to visit offsite customers or work sites when needed.
- 1-3 years previous sales experience.
- Horticultural and plant identification knowledge required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Must be proficient in computer use.