Gardenology is a garden, ecology and sustainability minded company dedicated to helping people grow edible food, flowers, herbs, pollinator gardens and sustainable landscapes at their home or business. We focus on 1) design and installation 2) maintenance and education 3) plant sales and 4) garden handyperson services. Since launching, we have developed a dedicated and expanding customer base based on the promise of quality, commitment and knowledge. Visit www.gardenologyus.com to learn more about us.
We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated Garden Maintenance and Installation Specialist who will join our team to work on sustainable landscape installation and maintenance, edible food gardens and garden handyperson services. Examples of work include but are not limited to: installation of garden beds, hauling soil, mulch and other items, weeding, tree pruning, installation of plantings, repair of gardens, installation of irrigation, installation of stormwater catchment systems, maintaining equipment and cultivating and caring for plants including vegetables, flowers and herbs.
• Garden Installation: Construction or repair of raised or in-ground garden beds, fence enclosures, fence posts, gates, basic irrigation systems, trellises, assembly of garden accessories (benches, tables, trellises, etc), planting of garden veggies, flowers and herbs and other tasks related to projects. Also included is the hauling of garden soil, compost and fill dirt, garden boxes and other heavy items (see Physical Strength and Dexterity below).
• Garden Handyperson Services: Repair existing garden fences, gates, irrigation, raised beds, pathways and more.
• Plant and Garden Knowledge: Prior experience on farms or landscaping work fits well with this position.
• Garden Maintenance: Care for and grow garden plants for clients including feeding, watering, pruning, pest and disease management. Also able to repair or assist in repair of existing gardens (raised beds, fences, gates, irrigation, soil erosion, shade issue, etc.) as needed.
• Customer Service: Great personal skills and ability to communicate to customers in a clear, professional and authentic manner.
• Transportation: You must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and as needed provide your own transportation – though company vehicles will be primarily used. For use of your own vehicle, we will provide a transportation reimbursement.
• Physical Strength and Dexterity: You will need to carry approximately 40 pounds of equipment and/or materials at a time and have mobility to work on hands and knees or overhead when standing on the ground.
• Hours: You are available to work full time with occasional days extending beyond 8 hours as needed to finish an important task.
• Professional mindset: You will be interacting with customers and will often be the sole representative of the company on a job site.
• Multi-task: You will work on a diverse array of field activities.
• Ability to use drills, hammers, shovels, stake drivers, basic tools. Experience with carpentry (circular, miter saws, etc) a plus.
• Able to work with others in a positive and growth minded team environment.
• Adaptability to changes in schedule, workplan or methodologies due to weather or other circumstances.
• Retail/service minded.
• Able to use apps from mobile phone for various tasks and processes.
• Passion and concern for protecting and restoring our natural resources and planet.
• Positive attitude.
• You may need to pass a criminal background check if required.
This is an hourly position with competitive rates.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to "info[at]gardenologyus.com” with subject "Garden Specialist".