Background and Mission
Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve (the Preserve) was founded in 1934 with a mission to increase the knowledge and use of native plants by serving as an educational resource and destination that inspires conservation action. It is a member-supported nonprofit organization that has come to be recognized as a local treasure, a state resource and a national institution. Known regionally for its community-based programming, it is considered a statewide source for wildflowers and is the only accredited museum in the nation focused exclusively on native flora.
The Grounds & Facilities Coordinator is an important part of the Preserve staff, providing critical support for the maintenance and repair of the Preserve’s grounds, buildings and facilities.
- Maintain all Preserve buildings and perform light electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs as needed
- Coordinate larger building and facility repairs and maintenance with contractors; supervise contractor work for quality control
- Waste management
- Janitorial duties that ensure a clean and sanitary environment, particularly in Visitor Center restrooms
- Track maintenance and cleaning supplies and inform Grounds & Facilities Manager of reorder needs
- Equipment and vehicle care and maintenance, including pick-up truck, tractor, skid steer, zero turn mower and golf carts
- Prepare rental facilities for scheduled events in coordination with the Event Rental Coordinator
- Assist the Grounds & Facilities Manager with landscape maintenance on the Preserve’s 134-acre property including, but not limited to, mowing, weed whacking, invasive weed removal, and clearing and maintenance of trails
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and to perform strenuous physical tasks in all weather and temperature conditions
- Ability to safely use extension ladders
- High attention to detail
- Adept at taking direction
This is a 16 hour/week seasonal position starting in April and ending in November (34 weeks) with a schedule that requires working weekends.
Please send a cover letter, resume and references to:
Rick Fonda, Grounds & Facilities Manager
Visit us at www.bhwp.org for more information. A background check is required.
The Preserve is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to non-discriminatory policies. All decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion and all other terms of employment will be made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or any other impermissible factor in accordance with applicable laws.