The Hay, Honey Farm is a privately owned arboretum/garden in Bernardsville, New Jersey. The property features about twelve acres of gardens, which hold collections of Rhododendron, maple, oak, holly, and dwarf conifers, as well as perennial borders and a vegetable garden. The remaining property is comprised of woodlots, hay fields, riparian buffers, and conservation lands. We currently have a full time, year-round gardener position available for a dependable, self-motivated individual. This position completes a team of five and works under the direction of the Directors of Operations & Horticulture. The work is diverse and encompasses all aspects of large property management: turf management, invasive species control, tractor work, leaf clean up, composting, arboriculture & firewood production, tree & plug planting, mulching, weeding, watering, pruning, trimming and more. This is a year-round 40-hour per week salaried position in a positive work environment. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
● Applicant MUST be able to operate mowers (including zero turn), tiller, chipper, shredder, compact utility tractors, string trimmers, chain saws, 4WD truck. Experience with PTO tractor implements a plus.
● Maintain a quick but neat and detail- oriented work habitand the ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
● Able to communicate effectively and take instruction & responsibility for completion of tasks in a timely manner.
● Able to work outdoors in all seasons and weather conditions.
● Hold a clean, valid driver’s license.
● Two years of training and/or experience preferred.
● To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Hilary at firstname.lastname@example.org