Water Crest Farms Nursery, located in West Grove, PA, is hiring a full-time Plant Yard Assistant for the 2023 season. This is a seasonal position beginning in spring 2023 and ending in winter 2023.
We are a family-owned nursery, re-wholesale plant distribution center, and retail garden center offering the area’s the best selection of trees, shrubs, perennials, and grasses.
The Plant Yard Assistant will participate in:
- Sales and customer service: help customers (wholesale and retail) locate plants, make plant suggestions, load carts and cars, ring up customers using QuickBooks.
- Upkeep of plant stock: watering, pruning, moving/organizing, fertilizing, weeding, price tagging, etc. Must be able to work outdoors in all conditions.
- Collecting/pulling stock for pre-orders. Keeping pre-orders organized and watered while they wait for pickup.
- Loading and unloading plant materials delivered on a regular basis.
This position is responsible for helping our Wholesale and Retail Manager cover the many daily responsibilities that it takes to keep our plant yard running smoothly.
The right candidate for the job will:
- Have basic knowledge of plants, we’re happy to teach you the details
- Keep themselves on task and organized to meet daily objectives
- Enjoy working outdoors in ALL weather conditions
- Enjoy sales/direct contact with customers
- Show up with teamwork-focused and positive attitude
- Be adaptable, this is a very multi-faceted roll that requires wearing many hats throughout the day
- Ability to work Monday-Friday 7:30 – 4:30 AND some Saturdays (3 a month) in the spring & fall. Your schedule will be posted a month in advance & time off requests will be considered with preference for July/August/November/December (slower months).
- Drivers license and transportation to and from work.
- Ability to move/lift 40+ lbs many times a day
- Experience operating heavy machinery (skid steer and tractor) a BIG plus