Ashton Manor is a reputable landscape trade partner in the Washington/Baltimore metropolitan area that takes pride in doing the right thing. Safety is at the core of the company’s culture. We want our team members to think safely, work safely, and return home to their families at the end of the day. Are you looking for an opportunity to build upon our safety culture? We are hiring a talented Safety Manager to join our team.
- Lead and support Ashton Manor Environmental in compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Ensures completion of required OSHA recordkeeping and reporting.
- Promote a positive safety culture through coaching, training, and educating field staff.
- Identify opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Create, execute, and evaluate workplace safety programs, emergency response plans, construction safety policies, and job-site hazard analyses.
- Perform construction site risk assessments, safety audits, and safety meetings.
- Conduct and report accident & incident investigations and provide solutions to mitigate risk.
- Manage the entire insurance claims process from open to close.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Minimum of five years of safety experience in the construction industry.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Maryland OSHA and Federal OSHA regulations.
- OSHA 30 and OSHA 500/510 certified.
- Extensive attention to detail to distinguish safety hazards.
- Ability to provide detailed reports and develop safety procedures.
- Good understanding of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Good organizational, leadership, and motivational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recognize when safety conditions need improvement.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, especially when handling an accident or incident.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
Commensurate with experience.